Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Christmas in CA

My Christmas in CA

This year I spent Christmas in CA with Blondie, Curly and the E’s and I had such a wonderful time!

We went to lots of places, amongst them The Mission in San Juan Capistrano, a beautiful tranquil place, and I had the best professional tour guide, of course.

On Dec 23rd. we were invited for lunch at a Country Club by Sara’s friend, who I had met in Copenhagen a few years ago. Another Swedish friend, who I also met in Copenhagen came also.

Here they all are.

Dessert - are you getting hungry?

Last edited by Randi; 01-03-2011 at 11:00 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

On Christmas Eve after a delicous dinner which Sara cooked, we went for a stroll in the neighborhood. Laguna Niguel had som pretty amazing Christmas decorations on the their front lawns, just look at these - aren’t they cute!

(There’s a few more of these in my album)

In between all the lunches and dinners, there was time to go shopping and sightseeing also. I managed to find the Sorel slippers I wanted and a pair of boots, too.

This is a gorgeous shop in San Clemente, the things they had was out of my budget, though.

At the pier of San Clemente, a Pelican posed for us. I was amazed how close we could get.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Then on Christmas Day, we were invited for the most delicious turkey dinner I’ve ever had - so moist, and with all the trimmings you can imagine. The dinner was cooked by a son in law of the friend who invited us for lunch. The house and interior is just beautiful and it has a view to the golf grounds right outside. I could easily get used to living there!

Last edited by Randi; 01-03-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Edwina was dressed in her Christmas scarf of course and was as sweet as ever - well, except to poor Eddie. Eddie was refused access to under the Christmas tree when she was there.

It's all mine!

But Eddie was enjoying the outside soaking up the sun.

Here’s Eddie telling me to open that door. He followed me around quite a lot.

Last edited by Randi; 01-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Dana Point Harbour was quite close, so we went there a few times and one evening after a dinner out in town, we watched this beautiful sunset.

A Swedish lady who I also met in Copenhagen, invited us for dinner also and we had a lovely evening with her. Here’s a picture of Sara and Don waiting for dinner to be served.

One of the highlights was to see Gini again. We visited for lunch the day before I went back. It was fabulous to finally meet Gini again after 5 years!

Rascal was being quite social and he really is a sweet boy.

On Gini’s lap waiting for his lunch.

Here he is with Santa...

Oh, I forgot to tell you that when we left Gini's house, just down the road we had to pull over to let a firetruck pass us. Can you believe it - it was no. 29, the very same that Phred sent to Gini's BBQ 5 years ago!

Thank you Sara and Don for inviting me and giving me such a great time!!
    Last edited by Randi; 01-03-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Randi,

Your photos are absolutely wonderful! It is so good to see you again and Sara and Gini and Curly and the E's and Rascal - OMG fantastic overload

I am so happy you had an amazing visit with great people and cats! Thank you for sharing your special vacation.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

It appears you had a fabulous vacation and I'm so glad! Thank you for the pictures - it's great to see Sara and Don again (and, of course, the E's!).
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thanks for sharing your pictures, Randi, looks like an awesome trip! How exciting to meet Sara and Don and the E's, and Gini and Rascal...

How is Fister? I bet he was happy to have you back home again!

glad you had a great time.. but it seems God only knows whatever reason I cannot see any pics you post.. weird is.. only happens with your pics..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

What a wonderful Holiday! Looks like you had a great time. I really enjoyed the photos. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Thank you for the wonderful pictures, Randi. It looks like you all had a fantastic time. Great to see the E's again, too!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

It looks like you had a wonderful time with Sara, Don, and the E's. Thanks for sharing these pictures with us. My parents have a house in San Clemente so they are there several times each year. One year when I was also there, we all got to go see Sara & Don's home and meet the E's. It was a very nice visit and they have a beautiful home. I'm glad that you also got to visit Gini again. I miss her famous LA PT BBQ's.

Beautiful pictures! So. Cal. is such a beautiful place to visit.

It's been almost a year since my last trip, and that one was so quick I didn't get to visit any PTers that time, but it is always great fun to visit Sara and Gini and the others in the area. Hopefully I can get out there again soon. Since we have an office in the area (Irvine) I can usually work in about 1 trip a year.

Thank you for taking the trouble to bring us Christmas pictures of Edwina and Eddie and Rascal whom we do not see often enough by far!
    I never managed to get such a wonderful picture of a pelican.
    I am sure Edwina hired you as her secretary doesn't post pictures anymore

Thanks for sharing these Christmas pics! Glad to see you had great time It's nice to see everyone

------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    .. but it seems God only knows whatever reason I cannot see any pics you post.. weird is.. only happens with your pics..
    I have the same problem, but only with the laptop, not the other computer! And yesterday I discovered that the problem disappear on the laptop when I am logged with my username...OK...but still very weird that it happens only with Randi's pics!