Thread: Remembering Louie

Remembering Louie

Louie has has been on my mind a lot lately. Thinking about him brought back lots of memories. Here are just a few.
    Louie who arrived as a foster, all skin and bone and with a wonky leg from a break that had self healed.
    Louie who’s only interest in the big back yard was walking the perimeter to find a way out.
    Louie, who would trap a squirrel in the park and circle round and round the tree while I walked the whole park and picked him up on the way out.
    Louie who was the only dog that didn’t come out of the bush but ended up falling through the ice and had to be rescued and then the next day tried to do the same thing again.
    Louie who could smell water from a mile away and take off only to come back butt wagging and soaking wet.
    Louie who was afraid of the dark and for years would challenge his Dad when he tried to come into the bedroom before deciding his Dad was safe.
    You were a handful and it’s no wonder I called you Louie the Lunatic. Even in your old age, racked with arthritis you flunked doggy day care because you wouldn’t stay with the “old doggies” but wanted to be with the rambunctious youngsters.
    I watched you in the last few months running a mile a minute with nose twitching like mad while you were dreaming. Something you would never do again while you were awake.
    Finally, your old age caught up with you and your body and mind gave up on you and so we let you go. I hope you met up with Rocky and remembered to tell him your Mommy said you were a good boy. I hope too you were there to welcome Phred. You were brave and funny and we loved you very much.

Awww, I am sure he joined the doggie chorus that must have welcome Phred, and that he's back to his "lunatic" state up there at the Rainbow Bridge!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, what sweet, happy memories of your special boy Louie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt