Thread: Mclovin, I love you <3

Mclovin, I love you <3

I can't believe I'm posting on this section so soon. Mclovin was absolutely fine this morning, he had everything. Food, water, a clean cage, warmth, a running wheel. And he was his usual self last night, keeping me awake by running on his wheel.
    But, then things changed. I noticed that he was just lying down in his cage. Last winter he hibernated, so I now check to see if he's in hibernation. He didn't move, so I stayed calm, picked him up and out his cage, called my mum and we revived him. Everything seemed fine, so we put him back in his cage and we kept checking on him every half an hour. I noticed that he looked worse, so I picked him up and said, 'If you want to go then go. I'll cry and be upset for a while, but I won't hold it against you. You look like you're in pain and I don't want you to be in pain. I love you and I will miss you...' I kissed him, held him close, then put him back into his cage. I went to my mum and asked if we could take him to the vets tomorrow, I was hoping it was a broken bone at the worst. Me and my mum came to see him 5 minutes later to see that he wasn't breathing. This happened a while ago and I'm still crying.
    He was such an amazing little hamster. We've had hamsters in the past, but he was my first ever pet, I had full responsibility over him. I made sure he always had fresh food and water, I brought him treats, I cleaned out his cage every week, I tamed him and spent so much time with him.
    I'm sure you'll meet Rupert, wait for me though.
    Goodbye Mclovin, you amazing hamster, I love you so much

Oh dear, I am so sorry for your loss of McLovin.

To have this happen so close to you losing Rupert is just too overwhelming. Sending you hugs.

I'm sorry for your loss of Mclovin. Losing two little furry ones so close together is so hard. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Mclovin sweet little man. So sorry you had to leave your mommy so soon, play hard at the rainbow bridge.
    I am sorry for you loss. I so love all my hammies. They are wonderful fur children and always amaze me with their intelligence, love and darn right cuteness.