Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Memory Thread for Phred.

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    I know you are up there right now watching over Keegan while she's in surgery. And you will sit with her tonight while she is at the vet.
    Thank you!
    Genuine people like Phred never leave,there always around watching over everyone.I am so sorry for your guys loss i could see how much of a bond you all had with Phred by reading all your posts back and forth.Im so sorry for your loss.

This poem was written by a 13 year old boy who died of a brain tumor that he had battled for four years. He died on December 14, 1997. He gave this to his mom before he died. His name was Ben.

My First Christmas in Heaven
    I see the countless
    Christmas trees
    around the world below
    With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
    reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular,
    please wipe away the tear
    For I am spending Christmas with
    Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
    that people hold so dear
    But the sounds of music can't compare
    with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you,
    the joy their voices bring,
    For it is beyond description,
    to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
    I see the pain inside your heart.
    But I am not so far away,
    We really aren't apart.

So be happy for me, dear ones,
    You know I hold you dear.
    And be glad I'm spending Christmas
    with Jesus Christ this year.

I sent you each a special gift,
    from my heavenly home above.
    I sent you each a memory
    of my undying love.

After all, love is a gift more precious
    than pure gold.
    was always most important
    the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other,
    my Father said to do.
    I can't count the blessing or love
    has for each of you.

So have a Merry Christmas and
    Wipe away that tear
    Remember, I am spending Christmas with
    Jesus Christ this year
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Staci, that is so beautiful. LES again. Those are amazing thoughts, and truly give my heart a feeling of peace. God bless all our loved ones spending Christmas with Jesus Christ.

You had a wonderful service today. You would be over the moon proud of your friends....

And in keeping with the smiles - MonicaHonda suggested I post this pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Staci and I just got off the phone after quite a lengthy (and laughter/tear filled) chat. She thought of a story she wanted to share but suggested I do it instead...

Three years ago, I purchased my first horse. After 20+ years of wanting one and riding others, I FINALLY had my very own. (And there are several "coincidences" that lead me to believe God had a hand -or hoof- in this; that's a story for another time.) Before the "welcome" was posted on PT, I "leaked" the story to a few close friends. And I'm not sure who was more excited, them or me!

At any rate, it turned out that my horse was actually born in Millersburg, Ohio. For some reason, Phred and I were discussing this and the transfer certificate (to register me as the new owner). The next thing I know, I get an email with the subject line: "We're BACK from the (name) Ranch!" LOL To follow was a play-by-play of the day complete with pictures and contact information (in case I had questions for the breeder).

I think the funniest remark in that email (which I still have ), was commentary on the numerous(!!) children at the neighboring ranch: "DAD must like to stay warm in winter."

I also have to laugh because one of the videos (in the other thread) mentioned John being a stickler for details.... in the above mentioned email, he made sure to note that the ranch porch light used a low energy bulb. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    You had a wonderful service today. You would be over the moon proud of your friends....

And in keeping with the smiles - MonicaHonda suggested I post this pic
    That's a wonderful pic of Phred. Um, did you notice what some of the dogs were doing?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    That's a wonderful pic of Phred. Um, did you notice what some of the dogs were doing?
    yes we commented on that right away back in 2003 or 2004 when it was happening. That's how it came to light. Monica asked if anyone had any pics of that. and I found that one and she said Why isn't this in Phred's thread!~

One memory of Phred and what he did for the BBQ in Ca made me remember this moment...

I guess I am a real fool....

Last year Gini and I were cleaning up the last of the BBQ stuff.

There is a church near by and the hourly bells began to ring...I laughed and looked at Gini and said....It feels like school and now that the bell has rung, it (the BBQ) must be over....

Today as I was placing the chairs and tables into the back of my truck I told Gini that the bells would signal the end of this year's BBQ.

Gini went inside to do something and as I stood there the church bells began to ring......At that moment a huge Monarch butterfly
    flew into the yard and made two huge circles of the area where all of us were sitting.....I stood there and listened to the chiming stop.....the butterfly finished the second lap of the yard and just as it flew out of my sight, the howl of a fire truck, in the distance, picked up the salute to the 3rd Annual CA BBQ.....

Serendipity?
    Chance?
    Coincidence?

I don't know!

It was a funny and touching moment.

Somehow, I knew Phred had something to do with that siren going off at that moment.......

I am sitting here reliving that moment and it's very comforting to be able to smile and relive it.

Phred's not gone.

He alive and well in our hearts and his posts bring him back to us, time and time again.

---------------------

I was a little stunned at how much his illness had changed him. He looked very tired in one picture and it was sad to see him that way.

By the same token?

The photo of Phred in his uni was a great picture. You could see the pride flowing out of him.

----------------

I know he's having a great time now. He's at peace and running the Arrival Gate at the Bridge.

I wonder if he runs the scanner and handles the pat downs too?

Oh! Richard! Serious LES here!
    The bell rang 8 times at the end of the service yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I was a little stunned at how much his illness had changed him. He looked very tired in one picture and it was sad to see him that way.

By the same token?

The photo of Phred in his uni was a great picture. You could see the pride flowing out of him.
    It was hard seeing him like that at the park. During the last one I don't think he was even able to make it down from the pavillion. It was just too rough on him

Looking at his fireman picture made me

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Back 2 years or so, Phred, Leslie, K9Karen and I teamed up to save a puppy that was found down by Leslie's house. I wanted a dog, and didn't realize the responsibility involved, but I did find him a good forever home. WOody... That was his name. He went by a few, I believe.

Phred was checking plane landings and take offs, what their routes were and whether it would be safe for the pup to fly since it was December/January and it was COLD. He always kept me in my place and made me be responsible for everything I had to do. I'll always remember that. He was a good man. He helped me find Woody, and although I wasn't ready for the responsiblities for puppyhood and all that went with it, he made me see clearly all that was needed and that I need to be responsible when I found him a new home. I know he was not happy with me, and that broke my heart, because he was such a good guy, and I hate to have someone upset with me.

I'm sorry I let you down Phred, but I did find him a good home, and he's a well taken care of and loved pup. I get photos of him now and then, and he is just ALL BASSETT HOUND!!! He was such a little guy back when I had him, he looked almost all beagle.

You will be missed PHred. You kept this place going, and you kept us on our toes. That will be sorely missed. Your thoughts and prayers will be missed as well. They were the backbone, you were the backbone of our prayer community.

I hope that you are up there looking down on us and taking good care of our Rainbow Bridge babies. I hope my Finae found you and is getting some lovies from you. As well as all the other Pet Talk Bridge babies. I hope you're having a blast up there.

As we all know, Phred was a gifted writer and a true animal lover, but he was much more than that... he was helpful, compassionate, organized and had an eye for the details. Whenever one of us had a problem, either with our animals or how to get to a place, he would do the research and get the answers.

When I joined PT, Phred’s “gibberish” posts were some of the first I came across. It took some time before I learned to decifer what he was talking about, but after a little while, I couldn’t get enough of his “tails”. He really had a briliant sense of humor!

At the time when Phred was an assistant moderator, I PM’ed him with questions about the technical stuff on PT (I had never been a member of any Forum before). I did it to not pester Karen and Paul with silly questons, but mostly because I wanted to get to know Phred better - and it worked. I have countless PM’s and e-mails from him, which I treassure.

His cat Boots was blocked up back in 2002 and had an operation, Phred was really worried and he did everything possible to get Boots better. Boots lived until 2007, I believe. Still, he had time to worry about Fister and offer lots of advice, since he had similar problems at the time. The vast information he gave us was very helpful.

One time, I had a question about whether my fire distinquiser was too old, and Phred, of course, was the one I turned to, he knew all the answers.

I will always remember the support Phred gave me after John had passed away, he was there for me all the way - along with other PTalkers. That gave me strengh to move on.

Sending the firetruck and four firemen to Gini's BBQ in 2005 was really something else - only Phred could have pulled that one off!

Phred, John and I were sometimes talking about age (John liked to know the age of the people he was addressing) and in a typical Phred manner, he said this: “I used to fear that middle aged label! Now my worry is How Long can I get away with USING it!” LOL!

I would have loved to meet Phred in person, John and I even talked about attending one of the Findlay gettogethers, but that never happened. I spoke to him on the phone a few times - he had such a nice voice. I could have listened to him forever!

One thing Phred used to say was, that he was a “thread killer”. How could he say such a thing! His posts were the most popular on PT - he did prefer a thread to keep going, rather than postig new ones all the time.

Phred, we have all had such good laughs - and cries too, you kept us up late and made me burn the dinner, because I just had to read the latest post of yours on PT. You were one of a kind! Your compassion, love for animals and sense of humor shone through each of your posts.

I believe you and John have met by now and are sitting there in the sunshine, giving out treats to all of our departed fur babies - and enjoying a cold beer.

Rest in Peace, dear Phred - you were loved and respected more than you could imagine and I will miss you so much!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Had a dream last night, even though I never met Phred or his dogs, Cinder and Smoke, his dogs were in my house, hanging out on the couch. He must've sent his dogs to check on me. I just realized that this morning and had to post on here before I forget. I just thought it was interesting!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I didn't know Phred had passed away. I was so sad when I started reading this thread and then after going through all the stories and remembering some other of Phred's threads, and remembering his sense of humor and his compassion, I am just glad a person like this existed. He will be missed by so many whose lives he touched.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Phred, but I do remember learning quite a bit from his posts and I adored the way he spelled things. Seemed like such a wonderful caring guy.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.