Thread: Alonso, the Horse

Alonso, the Horse

Dear Friend,
    Thank you so much for sharing your horse with us. I live in what's called "The Horse Capital of the World", Lexington, Kentucky, USA, where there are many horse farms surrounding our city. If you look up "Lexington, Kentucky horse farms" on a search engine's image searcher, you'll find some really beautiful photos of this area of the world.
    I think Alonso's a beautiful horse. Some call them "Paints", others "Pintos". Whatever they are called, I have always loved them. The Native Americans here loved horses after the invading Spaniards introduced them many centuries ago, most especially the "Plains tribes", such as the Comanches, Cheyenne and Lakota Sioux. Some say they were the "greatest light cavalry in the world". You might want to check this online, too.
    Again, thank you for sharing Alonso. May the Lord richly bless you for your love for Alonso and may you both have a long, happy, healthy life together.
    Take care, my friend.
    My love to all in Jesus, my Lord,
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, Kentucky
    USA

Alonso, you are a magnificent horse! Bald face (bald meaning white in horse jargon) equines sometimes have blue eyes . . . do you? My deceased horse was POTD several years ago and he did tricks, too. I taught him to paw the ground with his hoof on command, shake his head and bow his head, all for carrots. I never offered him a banana and wasn't aware horses might like bananas. I hope you have a wonderful POTD celebration and enjoy at least as many years together (25+) with your guardian as Tim and I did.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Greetings and a very happy Pet of the Day you, Alonso!
    What a stunning, magnificent horse you are; your coloring and markings are so striking, and we thank you so very much for being so patient, allowing your family to braid your mane and tail; they're beautiful! I can only imagine the time and work that went into creating such a stunning work of art! And I think you're the first horse I've ever met who knows how to "give paw!" That's talent!

How lucky your family is, having a beautiful, talented, gentle and loving best friend in you, Alonso! You truly are one very special horse, the best, just as your proud person says, and now the world knows what your family has known all along!

Enjoy your much deserved day in the spotlight, Alonso, celebrating with your human family, your horse parents Aragon and Angie, and best friend Tapane! And please have your human give you a big neck hug, and some carrot and apple for me! Lots of love to you on your big day, magnificent Alonso!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Welcome Very Handsome Gent Alonso.. Congrats on Pet of the Day..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Alonso what a gorgeous fellow you are!!!

What a treat for me to see your wonderful picture today. It sure brightened up my gloomy day. I bet it's lots of fun having you for a best friend.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're a gorgeous boy Alonso! Congrats on being POTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Alonso, What a beautiful horse you are! I enjoyed reading about you and I'm sure you have a great home with a loving human to care for you. I hope you have many more years together. Congrats on being POTD! Kay in NC USA

Alonso is very handsome! My favorite horse on the yard where I work is also two years old, but he's a little bit naughty and very much dislikes his mane being combed or pulled, which causes a little bit of a problem when we go to shows and he has to be braided!

Niņo & Eliza

Blog Entries

Prince Alonso, the Pinto Horse

Alonso, you have stolen the heart of our KatMa! She is totally in love with you. What a beautiful horse you are. We think your human is truly lucky to have you as a companion pet.

Celebrate being the ruling equine Prince of the Day at Pet of the Day!

Live long and prosper, always loved, cherished, and respected for your equine grace, playfulness, beauty, loyalty and royalty.

The Royal Felines of the Palace in Montreal Canada
    and the purr~ents, KatMa and Paw-Paw
    wish you and yours a wonderful Holiday Season.
    May 2011 bring you the important items in life: health, happiness, love, prosperity and may every day of 2011 be especially kind to you and your human.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore