Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorel shoes/boots, anyone?

Sorel shoes/boots, anyone?

I was about to order a pair of Sorel slippers from zappo.com and found a conversion table for sizes on the web. According to this, European size 39 = US size 8,5.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

So far so good. Then, out of curiosity, I checked Sorel's own site and they say that European 39 1/3 = US 7,5. Hmm!!

So I'd like to ask you a favor... if you are American and have a pair of Sorel, would you please tell me what size shoes you wear and how many centimeters your foot is? Mine is 25,1 centimeters.

Sorel's size chart in right side of page:

http://www.sorel.com/on/demandware.s...d=803298500289

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Randi, my Sorels are a size 9, my standard US size is 8.5-9 (depending on fit), and my foot measures almost exactly 24 centimeters. My Sorels are a generous fit, because they're made for a blizzard, essentially, so I want room for thick socks.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Thanks Maggie! Now I'm even more confused. If your foot is 24 cm. and your Sorel shoes are size 9, that means I should get a bigger size than 9, since my feet are 25 cm. Hmm! Is it boots you have? I'm looking for slippers.

Argh, why can't all shoe companies have the same meassure for sizes!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I ordered a pair of hiking boots years ago and the company asked me to enclose an outline of my foot with the style of socks I would wear with them. They were able to give me the right pair based on the drawing.

You may want to contact Sorel and ask them if you can do the same...contact Customer Service maybe?

-----------

I had to laugh at the first link.

It mentions Mexican shoe sizes.

Our women do not wear shoes, We keep out gals barefoot and pregnant.

Richard your just too funny.. You goof..

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    -----------

I had to laugh at the first link.

It mentions Mexican shoe sizes.

Our women do not wear shoes, We keep out gals barefoot and pregnant.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I did not know about this brand so I had a look on an online shop where I sometimes buy shoes and they say the brand is large-fitting and it is advised to take 1 size below your size...so...the one you ordered may fit. Slippers look great and comfy!

Randi my foot size is a 7.5 american. I am living in Italy and I take a 38 here. My foot size is almost 24 cm.

So for an 8.5 american which should be a foot size of about 25 cm you would need a 39.

7.5 is NO way 39. Hubby got me a pair of combat boots that are a 39 and I have to wear 2 pairs of socks and they is still quite a bit of room in the toes.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I have a pair of Sorel boots, size 11 american, and they are HUGE!!!! I bought them a little larger, so I thought, because I normally wear a 10 or 10.5 depending on the brand. I didn't want them too tight, and I wanted to wear heavy, thick socks with them, so I thought an 11 would be ok. OMG.... I wish I could send them back, but I got them last season, and it's too late now. They are very comfy, and very warm, but gosh are they large. This is the price you pay when you order online and don't go in to try them on.

I think the 11 is a 42 or 43?? What ever it is, it is huge.

I found this chart however, which does conversions for shoe sizes.

ETA: I also bought Dave a pair of Sorel last year so he has warm boots for outside. He wears a size 12/13 mens (depending on the brand, some fit smaller than others), and his Sorel's are a size 12 and are a generous fit, he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Thanks Maggie! Now I'm even more confused. If your foot is 24 cm. and your Sorel shoes are size 9, that means I should get a bigger size than 9, since my feet are 25 cm. Hmm! Is it boots you have? I'm looking for slippers.

Argh, why can't all shoe companies have the same meassure for sizes!
    I wouldn't order larger than a nine! Sorels have a generous fit; a nine (or 8.5) in slippers should be fine. Remember; mine are boots for stomping around in a blizzard!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Had I ordered a 9.5 or 10, I would have been fine. I really didn't pay attention to their own admission of having a generous fit. Silly me. I love my boots, don't get me wrong, I just need to wear about 4 pair of wool socks with them!

Sorel is also an excellent brand from Canada.... I would recommend it to anyone wanting warm winter boots.

11. Sometimes different brands have different sizes as well. very danged confusing

12. Then again...you can wait until you get here and we can go to the shoe store and you can try them on for size....

Here are the ones I just ordered yesterday. Sorel Snow Angel. I ordered a size 10 this time, and I think they will fit just right. Not too loose, not too tight. I found them on Piperlime.com however, for $75.00, plus signed up for their emails and got a 15% discount, so I'm actually only paying $63.75 instead of Zappos' $85.00!

I think they're going to be really nice and comfy for this winter!

I donīt have Sorelīs.. but.. in mexican sizing Iīm 25.. equivalent to 25cm I assume...

in american shoes Iīm either 7.5 or 8.. depending on shoe.. (considering if itīs open, heels, and width)

if I were you Iīd go for 8.5 or 9.. and have thick socks just in case..
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thanks everyone! I have never ever bought a pair of shoes without trying them on first, so I think I'll take ES's advice.

Jenn, the ones you just bought, or very similar, I've seen a lot of people wear here. I first saw them a few years ago and simply didn't like the two colors, but I guess you get used to them and they're probably very comfy.

I had a look at the site you posted. I really like the ones called "Waterfall low lace" in the color flax. Might go for those next time.

A friend of mine told me about some called Fit Flops, which are supposed to be very comfy, too.