Thread: pumpkin

pumpkin

a few years ago, i had an amazing hamster named pumpkin. she was an orange & white teddy bear hamster. she was super friendly & loved to be held. one morning, i heard strange choking noises coming from her cage. i looked in, & she was lying on her back. i think she was having a heart attack or a stroke, but i'm not sure. i didn't know what to do, so i wrapped her up in a little blanket & held her. she died in my hands . i still miss her. some people may say "get over it, it's just a hamster", but to me no animal is of lesser value than another. she is still missed!!!

I'm sorry about Pumpkin. Even the tiniest of creatures find their way into our hearts.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry......................... My Penny Lane died the same way. It must have been a heart attack as well and I too held her.
    Hammies are so special. They are small in size but HUGE in love and friendship.
    Hugs to you. Knowing you gave your hammy a good life and much love is a blessing. It is all any of us can ever hope for.