Thread: Snoopy needs prayers

Snoopy needs prayers

Poor guy suffers from separation anxiety big time for us. He destroyed a wire crate, bless their hearts at Tractor Supply. They let me return it as defective. $69.99 plus tax Used in for 1 hr total in last 24 hrs. He destroyed at ex large cat crate too.

We put him in the bathroom (all items including shower curtain removed) and he tore down the wooden towel holder that was on the door. Scratch the heck out of the door (thankfully he just was a groomers today and got nails clipped, or it would of been worse).

Vet put him on anti-anxiety drug today. Hopefully in couple days I should see a change but in 2 weeks will be the true test of the medication. When blood appears it's time to take action.

We love Snoopy to death and it's just so sad he was at the pound for 3 months before we adopted him. Please keep good thoughts and prayers that this medicine works!
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you heard of Clomicalm? I've heard that this is used to help dogs with separation anxiety. Now some are also using it on cats to help with peeing issues. I sure hope that his medication will help him. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

One question I do have though. Does he get along well with Coco? I would think that if they were left alone together that this would help his separation anxiety.

Most likely you know all the steps for desensitizing him. I pray those will help.

Another option (besides clomicalm) are Composure Chews.
    http://www.vetriscience.com/composur...dogs-MD-LD.php

More info here:
    http://www.vetriscience.com/sellshee...re%20Chews.pdf

I use these for Tasha and Marlin for grooming here at home as well as for visits to the groomer. Tasha needs 1, Marlin needs 2. These DO help them.

Prayers that dear Snoopy learns to trust that you will return to him!

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Becky, I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you heard of Clomicalm? I've heard that this is used to help dogs with separation anxiety. Now some are also using it on cats to help with peeing issues. I sure hope that his medication will help him. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

One question I do have though. Does he get along well with Coco? I would think that if they were left alone together that this would help his separation anxiety.
    He gets along with Coco great. Coco is crated when we leave and he has done well since 6 weeks old when we got him. Not sure about putting two of them loose in a room together.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Most likely you know all the steps for desensitizing him. I pray those will help.

Another option (besides clomicalm) are Composure Chews.
    http://www.vetriscience.com/composur...dogs-MD-LD.php

More info here:
    http://www.vetriscience.com/sellshee...re%20Chews.pdf

I use these for Tasha and Marlin for grooming here at home as well as for visits to the groomer. Tasha needs 1, Marlin needs 2. These DO help them.

Prayers that dear Snoopy learns to trust that you will return to him!

His problem is more severe than having a medication "as needed". He needs something continues in his system. Ourselves and our vet feel this is the path to go.

I've only had to deal with what I would call 'minor' separation anxiety with Jake. Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that you can get Snoopy on the right track.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla