Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garbage pick up costs?

Garbage pick up costs?

My garbage bill just keeps going up! I don't have that much garbage! My bill for three months is now $85.52! I will now be recycling. (Not that I didn't do some recycling already.) I have a neighbor and a family member who told me that any items I couldn't recycle, throw a bag in their can now and then.
    Just curious, what do some of you pay?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

We live in a rural area, so have to contract our own trash pick-up. We pay $39 every 3 months. We have one of those big containers, on wheels, that we take out every Friday. If we have the occasional over flow - an extra bag or two - no problem.

We re-cycle, or should I say I recycle. There are huge containers at the Township Hall, and I go every 10 - 14 days. We can do magazines, cardboard, newspaper and other paper stuff, cans and glass. It's a great release of frustration to go when I get p*ssed off and throw the glass bottles in the bin

I pay $60 every three months, for two large cans. So, $10 per month, per can.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

My property taxes cover the trash and recycling, we do not pay anything extra.
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I'm in the same boat as Grace - in a rural area so have to contract with a private company. They provide the big wheeled container and pick up once a week, and will pick up extra items too, just so long as the guys can pick it up and throw it in to be compacted. We put an old sofa out this week that weighed a ton - and they took it. Surprised me!
    Anyway, I pay quarterly and it is now up to $76.50 and they are the cheapest ones around. When I first went with this company about 7 or 8 years ago - it was $40 something each quarter. So it's $76.50 minus a senior discount of $4.50 and then add back in $4.21 diesel surcharge, and I end up paying $76.21 - for now anyway!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Same here where I'm living.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It's a great release of frustration to go when I get p*ssed off and throw the glass bottles in the bin
    That's funny Grace! However, everytime I go to the recycling place in town the bins are full!

I live just out of the city, where the garbage is included with the utility bill, about 1/2 what I pay. I could throw a rock into the city limits, darn it!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's the same here too.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Same here.

We have "NO BINS NO TRASH" which ensures folks recycle. You have to put out your household trash and BOTH recycle bins: green for paper, blue for glass, metal, plastic. If you don't have the recycle bins out, they skip past your house and don't collect the trash. The first year we put this in place, our city saved an extra $35,000 for recyclables!

It's $25/month for the service we use for trash/recycling pick up. It's for unlimited trash and recycling. We try to recycle everything we can and it's nice we don't have to sort it; they use a special recycling technique so it can all go in together.

I live rural too and there are two or three independent trash services so I pay about $50 for 3 months. They even pick it up if you're late with the payment. The company charges extra for recycling because the county charges them to dump recycling. Yet I can take my recycling to the local center for free. They do not recycle everything, but most of what I have is what they want.

they do charge extra for certain items, unlike the city when I lived in the city.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Rural area here, $17 a month. Wish it was included in the property taxes seeing as mine are well over $1400 a year.

we pay by the bag....$3 for a small bag and $4 for a large. We buy tickets in $20 increments, and it takes about 1.5-2 mos. to go through 3 of them. Recycling is free so we recycle every single thing that we possibly can. There is also a 'free bin' to put reuseable household items. It adds up fast though!

I live in a condo complex so we have the huge trash bins. We also have several recycle trash cans too. It's included in the property taxes I think or maybe the homeowners dues.

My property taxes cover trash pickup. The town is very "into" recycling so there is a pick up every week for green bins (compostables) and blue bins (recycling - paper, plastic jars and containers, glass, aluminum foil, etc) and up to three large garbage bags of general trash are picked up every two weeks. We divert up to 75% of our trash from landfills so I think that's great.