Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Pinot feels about hairball treatment...

How Pinot feels about hairball treatment...

I thought you'd all appreciate this!

'Tis hairball season-that time when fur flies around in large quantities and gets hacked up on the rug-so lovely. In an effort to alleviate Pinot's hacking issue, we went back to our occasional method of the malt flavored goop in a tube medicine. I put it in her food the first time, under the surface, but not mixed in (you can't mix this stuff, the consistency won't mix, I believe on purpose for effectiveness), no issues, she ate just fine.

Next morning: my husband fed her and just let the stuff lay on top of her food...not the right method. He put her dish down, turned, and heard this small 'thwack' sound. Princess Pinot had picked up the strip of goop, pitched it against the wall, and then proceeded to eat breakfast.

I was hysterical. I guess we'll try something else for hairballs. I love that little girl's spunk!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Mikey Fluffy Tail does not care for the Vet Hairball remedy at 18 dollars a tube!!!
    He tries to wipe his mouth off, I just hope that Pinot does not give him some pointers in wall decorating!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh my goodness, precions Princess Pinot! I am laughing just reading this! "Dad, what is this stuff doing on my breakfast?!"

But, sweety, please let mum give it to you. Hairballs are no fun.

Your loyal subject,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow, that is hilarious! Pinot, you are so smart - and effective at communicating!

Maggie, we don't have hairballs -- hairballs are not natural. In the wild, cats do NOT have hairballs. The problem is diet. If you switch to a high quality grain free food, you will eliminate hairballs, and have a healthier cat as well. I switched to a grain free food 5 years back, and have no hairballs at all = back then I had 11 cats, 2 were long hair.

I have been using Taste of the Wild, but with the issues with the Diamond pet food plant, it is not available just now. I've switched the dogs to Earthborn Holistics but I have 2 bags of TOTW left for the cats so haven't had to make a change as yet. For the cats, mine refused to eat the Canyon River formula, but love the Rocky Mountain formula. No clue as to why, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Wow, that is hilarious! Pinot, you are so smart - and effective at communicating!

Maggie, we don't have hairballs -- hairballs are not natural. In the wild, cats do NOT have hairballs. The problem is diet. If you switch to a high quality grain free food, you will eliminate hairballs, and have a healthier cat as well. I switched to a grain free food 5 years back, and have no hairballs at all = back then I had 11 cats, 2 were long hair.

I have been using Taste of the Wild, but with the issues with the Diamond pet food plant, it is not available just now. I've switched the dogs to Earthborn Holistics but I have 2 bags of TOTW left for the cats so haven't had to make a change as yet. For the cats, mine refused to eat the Canyon River formula, but love the Rocky Mountain formula. No clue as to why, lol.
    Sandie, Pinot went grain free about hmmm...8 months ago I guess? She's been on Blue Wilderness.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh, Pinot! That's so funny!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh Maggie, that is too funny!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I think my cats are taking notes!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was very funny! I'd love to have seen it.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Anyone who thinks cats are mysterious an uncommunicative should meet Miss Pinot! Could not be any clearer than that!
    I've Been Frosted

Miss Pinot you are a true gem !
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Pinot sure is a little spitfire - something about these little grey girls.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Pinot, you not only set the standards, you enforce them!

Well done, girl!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh that's just too funny!!! Well done Miss Pinot.

Cali and Diego on the other hand love the stuff. I put a bit on my finger and they take turns licking it off.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh that is so funny and yes, Karen, they do communicate very well and are highly intelligent. Just ask Mr. Spunky. I'm still laughing, Miss Pinot. That was good.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)