Thread: My cat is a Dog...Um..Ya.

My cat is a Dog...Um..Ya.

-|- Zippo -|-
    Ya. My cat chases Tennis Balls and trys to bark like a dog... I don't understand. She's weird. My Dog comes up to her and licks her face and she growls. It's cool though. She chews on bones sometimes to and trys to drink out of the toilt.... ???
    ~*~Zippo the cat who is the queen of the univers and all things that go WOOF!~*~

My one cat gets all my love... That's why she is self-ish and proud of it!

Hi ZPC, and welcome to PT! Your cat sounds very funny...acting like a dog and all. My sister has a cat that also prefers to interact with, and acts just like a dog! I have only had one cat that growls, and I must admit, it is a funny sound. Tell us more about your kitty!!

- | - Zippo - | -

Your right it does sound funny! She also makes bird sounds but lots of cats do that. ^^ . She's a silver tabby/gray tabby. She was named after a lighter. Don't know why because when we first got her she would attake the sofa and hiss and spit at it. My brother had a zippo lighter that sparks so we named her after it 'cus so did she. She's 4 years old and was found in a cage before she went to the pound. She's REALLY fat too! but O so cute! Last night she was smaking my head with her tail. I moved my head and she grabed it with her front paws. I turned and looks at her and said. "BLA!" Really lound and she jumped in the air of her pillow and flew in the air and ran down the hall way. You could hear her claws on the carpet. Then there was silence and then a lound ERRRRCK of her claws on the wall. She ran back up the hall and ran intoi my parents door. She stood there dumbfound and then started meowing. My dad came out of the door and yelled at me saying. "Control your cat or she's out for the night!" It was SO funny I was cracking up.
    ~*~Zippo the cat who is the queen of the univers and all things that go WOOF!~*~

My cat Cam is also a growler, it has to be the funniest thing. He sounds just like a dog. He also drinks ut of the toilet. We had to stop putting in the cleaning pucks because of this.

Cam also plays with our dogs and seems to prefer playing with dogs rather than other cats. Have brought him to my fiance's parents and they have a cat and 2 dogs and Cam will always play with the younger dog.

My dog Bobbie on the other hand thinks she is a cat. She doesn't like water and she is always cleaning herself

So I have confused animals

- | -Zippo- | -

Lol. That's funny. ^^. My Dog Bob is as stupied as wood. You wanna pet him on the head he turns around and shoves his butt in your face. lol.

Zippo does all of those things 2. She comes out onto the yard to play with the dogs that come to our house. All the Dogs in our block run around 'cus we all know each other and our dogs all get along. Zippo is like the queen of them all and my dog Thunder barks whenever one of the other dogs run at her. If they walk slowly he lets them go to her. It's Funny. ^^ But Zippo hates Bob. Don't know why. Probably 'cus he's only one. Thunder is 7 and mellow. She gets lots of dog kisses.

I can relate...kind of.
    My lab, now at five, thinks she is a big cat.
    Up until getting the cats last year she never played with toys.
    It took almost a year of watching them play before she got the hang of it. She still doesn't play with dog toys...only cat toys. Nothing like seeing an 80lb dog happy as can be because she is chewing a mouse with a bell on it
    The cats on the other hand, play with her toys, try to drink out of the toilet and at night you can catch them doing "guard duty" at the front door. They look at the little window next to the door making sure all is safe while the dog sleeps at the foot of the bed (actually on the floor).
    We have either role reversal or sharing of responsibility .... I am not sure around here.

my cat is also like a dog

I was glad to see your description of how your cat is like a dog, since my kitty is also like a dog in a number of ways, and its good to know that she's not alone. She is also a fabulous friend.
    Things she does like a dog are like your cat--if she is sitting next to me and someone knocks on the door, she will growl. Since she did that, I looked up growling in a cat book to find out that they do growl sometimes. She chases anything that I throw into a trash can. She drinks out of the toilet if the lid is up (its not up since the first time she did that it had automatic release toilet cleaner in it-yuck!) Another thing she does that reminds me of a dog may have been taught to her by her previous owner (I adopted her from a shelter). She is a light eater in general but she watches me like a hawk when I eat, and the first day I had her she started purring when I eat. And, like a dog, she follows me everywhere.
    But I've had dogs before, and she is much better at cleaning up after herself.

Better look out-Frostfrog will getcha for saying cats act like dogs!

My cat plays fetch. She is also the best imitator of my sister's dog Jake. Jake is a bull terrier thick as tar and ugly as sin. He doesn't like bastet one bit. Sad really she has such a great personality. When he growls through the window at her she growls back. When he barks, she meows. When he walks, she rubs herself across the carpet on her belly! Just like fat Jake's belly rubs across the floor from his short stumpy legs! It is the funniest sight!
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."