Thread: Afghanistan Dog Hero Wrongfully Euthanized

Afghanistan Dog Hero Wrongfully Euthanized

Not sure where to put this one so I'm placing it in the Dog House.
    Did anybody hear about this story? It makes me so sad. I read about the dog when he came home and I was so happy for him. http://www.care2.com/causes/animal-w...ly-euthanized/

Reminds me of Kuhio. When an animal comes into animal control or a shelter, first order of business SHOULD be to scan an animal for a microchip.

Another senseless euthanization. They should be ashamed of themselves. They killed a true hero.

RIP my precious girl. And thank you for defending our soldiers abroad.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It is such a sad story. At least her puppies are all safely stateside, and will hopefully be microchipped and secure.
    I've Been Frosted

Tragic indeed. Every hour in this country, thousands of healthy pets are euthanasized. Whether they saved thousands or simply lived a quiet life, it is through no fault of their own they died. Stop breeding animals, no matter how justified one feels they are. Spay and neuter your pet yesterday. Each and every birth contributes to the overpopulation in this country.

RIP, hero.

Yup, it was in our newspaper this morning and the TV news this evening. The volunteer did NOT follow procedures, and she (the dog) was NOT supposed to be euthanized.

RIP sweet girl, you are a hero to so many.

Two words,

Mo-ron.

The dog's owner deserves a great deal of the blame for this. That poor dog had neither a collar with tag, nor a microchip.

From the article -
    The shelter impounded Target who unfortunately was not micro-chipped or wearing a collar.
    As someone commented on another board -
    first off..where was the tags, and information on the dog, which would have enabled the Dog Pound to locate the owner? More times than not, owners do not have have micro chipping or updated tags on their pets. How did this dog get out? I don't don't like these shelters that euthanize..but, if he was on TV with the dog..certainly he would have had taken better care than this???

That is just SO sad!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

What a shame.
    RIP Target. Thank you for your service to our troops, may you play hard at the bridge.

I'm embarrassed to say that this is where I live - Pinal County.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018