Thread: Relaxed bunny syndrome

Relaxed bunny syndrome

Does you rabbit suffer relaxed Bunny syndrome?

Bunny does!

Awwwww...SUPER Cute!

I hope Thelmer will do that!

LOL!!! That is so cute! Does Bunny get dizzy doing that?

Not Miss Hoppy! We do NOT get to turn her upside down. Absolutely not. And no one may touch her tummy, if she didn't do "up bunny" outside, or for raisins, we'd never even see her tummy!

Is that a version of the bunny trance we've heard about?

Yes it is Karen, I lay Bunny back like a baby, she seems to nodd off anyway, but I stroke her head and she become quite relaxed.

Originally posted by Heather Wallace
    but I stroke her head and she become quite relaxed.
    See, I told you.
    originally posted by karen
    Is that a version of the bunny trance we've heard about?
    Karen, I think you should try to stroke your bunny on the forehead and see if she becomes more relaxed.

Ack!! Do you know what Floppsy would do to me if I tried that! Then it would be Bloody Arms Syndrome!! I cannot believe that! Awww, Bunny is so cute!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Correction to my post here:

Actually, I can do that to Floppsy, just very carefully. And he has to be in the house, nowhere else. Today I brought him in the house and I was able to pick him up when he puts up such a fight outside. I had not held a bunny in so long it felt so good. I'll try it once I get him more clam and used to the house.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Flopsy, my other 2 rabbits aren't so cooperative with me, they wriggle and scratch when I try it on them!

Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Karen, I think you should try to stroke your bunny on the forehead and see if she becomes more relaxed.
    Oh, she's always nice and relaxed when I hold her, snuggles right in, makes the softest little happy noises, but doesn't ever want to be upside down! I can pet the whole bunny when I hold her, not just her nose, and others can always pet her nose, but this bunny is a right-side-up only girl!

Bad News

Heather,
    Most of my bunnies will fight being put on their backs too.
    Got my most recent pic's back but they really aren't very good so I'm going to try a diff camera.

And on a very sad note, our sanctuary IS closing down, putting an end to the rumors...I am just heart-broken, That means there is no more bunny refuge in our county or this corner of the state. We were getting 6-10 calls a week for people who just didn't want their bunnies any more. I am just sick at what's going to happen to all those unwanted bunnies now.

Additionally a friend and I were promised that we would have a chance to give the sanctuary director a proposal after the first of next year to take it over. Obviously that option was cut right out from under us. But what really hurts is that I, who am on the Board of Directors, and I thought a good friend, wasn't even notified of the decision to close.....it was told to someone else who in turn told me. I am wwwaaayyy beyond angry and far past furious. but mostly very, very hurt.

I understand the reasons for them wanting to cut back or close down. I've tried to be optimistic about this (change is for the good, blah-blah-blah) but it sure doesn't feel like a good opportunity. I don't want to see or talk to the sanctuary director at this point. I'm trying to distance myself and hold on tightly to my one molecule of "adultness" but it is a struggle. Also trying not to make any rash decisions I'll be sorry for later on. but God, this whole situation really hurts!

I'll try and stay in touch. Take care and my best to yourself. Bunny, Twinkle and Cadbury. I'll be in touch later on.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate

LoL, Gopher used to do that all the time! It was so sweet! I could only rarely get any of our other bunnies to, though. Must be a lop thing. ^_^

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Dear Cath

I am so very sad that the sanctuary IS closing, I know how much you loved to help the bunnies. Is there not some other way you can help? Like another sanctuary? I hope you can find some way.

My thought s are with you at this time. I am writting to you this week so look out for it next week ok?

Do stay in touch, will oyu not be able to email anymore?

Lots of Love Heather xx

My 12 year old mini lop/jersey woolie Wee one loves his belly rubbed and will lay for hours if you held him . He was a 4-h leaders bunny and was the loaner to kids for jr. showing and handling He is so calm and tolerant. He a joy.

Corinna
    I can imagine it is very rewarding to watch your bunnies becoming comfortable around you, just show they are relaxed in your company.