Thread: Do The Dead Greet The Dying?

Do The Dead Greet The Dying?

Interesting article on the subject.

I personally think they probably do. Or at least, I'd like to think they would.
    How about you?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/10/18....html?hpt=Sbin
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I never rule out anything. I believe the "spirits" of the dead communicate with us via our dreams. I know I've had those kind of dreams many times.

I'd say, probably. Never say never!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Interesting reading. Thanks for posting.

I have never personally been with anyone as they approached death, so I can't speak first hand on this. However, my sister-in-law relayed a story to me about my brother as he was approaching death, which seems to fit with what was said in this article.

He had suffered a massive stroke and then there were other complications too, which left him unable to do for himself. He was able to speak (very slurred) for approximately 3 years, but then he lost that too, and in his final 2 years, he was in a vegetative state. My SIL cared for him at home, and one day as she was working in his room and getting his tube feeding ready, she said he opened his eyes and followed her movements for about a minute, then spoke to her in a clear voice and said to her "What are you doing here?", or "Why are you here?" - something to that effect. He then closed his eyes and never opened them or spoke again, and passed away about a week later.

Maybe he saw her, but thought it was really someone that had passed on before???? Something we will never know.

My Grandmother swore Grand Dad came and held her hand for 3 nights before she died. She did not have dementia at all, was on no medications and was as alert as could be when awake. She was so excited about seeing him.

A friend of mine was with her mother as she laid dying for days.. Her Mother would look into the corner of the room and grin from ear to ear. She asked her Mom who she saw and she started calling out the names of her family that had went before her. As the days went by, she added more names to the list of who she was seeing.. My friend would always ask her "Is Eddie there?" (Eddie was her own son that died at the age of 13) and she would say "No, he isn't here yet".. She told her Mom, "Eddie is the one coming to get you, you know that don't you?" and she told her she knew and that was who she was waiting for... The day she died, she told my friend "Eddie is here, I am ready to go." and she died that day.

My own Mom died in her sleep and before she went to sleep, she asked me if I would take her Home...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Very interesting reading. I was with both my parents when they died and I would have to say I agree with the article because of things I witnessed both of my parents saying saying and doing just prior to their death.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

The nursing aides couldn't arouse my dad the morning he died. He suddenly sat up straight, grinned from ear to ear, laughed, laid back died and died.

His mom left for LA from Phila. to get work during WW!!. She took his 2 youngest siblings. Between being in the service and the lack of fast transportation to visit after the war, funds and a family, , he hadn't seen her in years. She died a sudden, brutal death (murder) and he flew out to the funeral. I know he missed her terribly but rarely talked out her death. I KNOW, without a doubt, that his mom was in the room calling him to her.

The aides say they see that kind of thing all the time and truly believe the dead greet the dead.

I'm afraid to say whay happened to me after my mom died (it's sort of unbelievable)but we had a "pact", that we would let the other know that the other was OK when they passed. And she let me know the next day. I miss her 24/7 but I have to say, this event really helped ease the pain.

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm not sure if they see family or angels but I think they are greeted by someone. I had a friend in her 80s that about a year before she died started as she put it: "being visited by her departed family." She had never even dreamed of them before. I had read somewhere that sometimes people do start seeing ones who crossed over before they do themselves.

One of my Uncles was in the hospital after a heart attack. On the day he was to go home he had another one. The last one. The doctors said when he passed he had a big grin on his face. One of his daughter's told me later, he was still smiling when they got to see him.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really, really thought provoking. I believe someone/thing greets the dying, and I suspect it is the dead.

This is what the Rainbow Bridge is about!

I do so hope it's all for real.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I find all the personal stories very interesting, but have none of my own
    to talk about. My Mom & Grandma were the only people I was ever around
    when they were near death.Neither one spoke of seeing anything or anybody.
    Doesn't mean they didn't, just never said anything out loud.

I related to the part of the article that spoke of a departed Mother's
    reaction to their child's impending death & how much they would want to
    welcome/greet & reassure the child ,in their passing into the afterlife.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt