Thread: Egyptian Mau

Egyptian Mau

I own a 5 year old Egyptian Mau named Maui (how original, lol). He's a bronze little boy - and let me tell you, this boy is my life! Does any body else have the pleasure of owning an Egyptian Mau?

there should have been an image added to that post - so I'll re add it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't have one (I don't even have a cat! lol)...but I must say, that is one handsome cat!!

thank you

Wolf_Q...this is the second time recently you indicated that you don't have a cat...but I sense that you want one...what is the full story?

Oh, lol...well I've always loved cats (but am more of a dog person) but I've never been able to have one. Most of my family is allergic, and well, both my dad and brother can't stand cats. My dogs would never get along with a cat either...but maybe someday....

What a beautiful kitty!

I like his spots.. he's a very beautiful cat.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thanks you guys. An Wolf_Q you should definately get a cat. All the cats I've ever known or had are the most snuggly. Dogs are good too though, lol.

I love the way Mau's look. I really like the smokey grey color the best. But your cat is really something!! Accually I just found about Mau's like a month ago because I was looking for cats with that unusual grey markings.

Here's a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

Well, when we went to go get Maui from the vet's office he was being held in, there was a silver there too. It was his mate - but I have a soft spot for males and ones who especially look like they need me. Maui was huddled in the back of his cage and his mate was on the front of it pretty much bashing herself against it to get us to pet her. But I chose Maui. He weighed only like 7 pounds then, and I found out why. He refused to eat the food he was given. So we bought him some Chef's Blend (after trying Purina One, Friskies, the old Iams - and a few others) and he just got heavier and heavier Now he weighs like 10 or something. Maybe eleven.

He's got the best personality there is. He is one of the most huggable cats I know (but only to me...) My parents fight a lot - and it gets pretty bad sometimes (not physically, just in the noise level) and I keep Maui sheltered in my room and I sing to him. (I do this for my new cockatiel, Alex too...he had a harrowing experience when we first got him...e-mail me and I'll tell you about it) And Maui absolutely loves the song "You are my Sunshine" and I have no doubts (neither do any of my friends or my family) that he is just that. He is the reason I'm still living. (two years ago I was suicidal - but am lots better now that I'll be leaving home!!!!! )

Mauisgirl, Its OK on your predicament. My parents fought like "cats and dogs" also. It is good that you are leaving to get away from that nonsence. Owning pets is one of the best ways to help heal the annoyance of constantly listening to all that arguing. Now that I am retired, it has only been in the past few years that I have taken an interest in pets, and especially cats. They have a healing effect on their owners, because of their unconditional love and also knowing that they are depedant on you for their well-being. Hang in there, and look forward to the rest of your life. Do not allow anyone to take your happiness, because there are some who will do that very thing, if you let them.

.......wayne

Yeah, I'm going to go live up in New Jersey with my Aunt and Uncle - and she said that I could bring Alex and Maui with me. But I'm afraid that I might just have to go to court to get Maui. *rolls eyes* It's not like they take care of him! lol.

Anyway, thanks for your advice, Wayne

egyptian maus are my favorite breed of cat. i want to get one in the near future.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~