Thread: Willy's "non" Adventure

Willy's "non" Adventure

A more positive report on Willy boy.

Willy completed his Basic Manners course Monday night (7 weeks) and Tuesday Night we started Beyond the Basics (also 7 weeks). Christy and her dog, Zeke, have continued on with us, the other 2 dogs in this new class we have not met before. Also a different instructor.

So at the start we went around the room doing our introductions, talking a bit about our dogs. I introduced Willy, who was lying quietly on the floor mat. I said I am fostering him, and explained he'd had no training, and was a puppy in an adult dog body when he arrived in July. Gave a bit of his prior background, and so forth. And when I finished, Christy piped up and offered:

"And let me tell you, that dog was rather obnoxious when she brought him to the first class, 7 weeks back. He has changed a LOT!"

I asked, "RATHER obnoxious?" Smiling, of course, as I know what he was like, better than anyone, he hee.

"Oh, well I am being nice," she replied.

Now, she knows dogs, has had them all her life. She has seen Willy a total of 7 hours! IN a class, always on leash. And she sees the HUGE improvement in this boy. **woohoo** Classes ARE paying off, as I had hoped they would!

The 1st course was FULL, with 11 dogs in it! This one tonight, we were just 4, so it will give us a lot more attention from the instructor. The other 3 dogs (all males in this class) are: Rocco, Belgian Tervuren, age 1 year; Dexter, 8 mo Boxer, and Zeke, 6 mo Tennessee rescue. He has some collie, some hound, and due to his triple dew claws on the rear feet, somewhere in his background he has Great Pyrenees. (Apparently that is the only breed with the triple dew claws). Willy quite likes Zeke when it is just the 2 of them (Christy and I tend to arrive early, so they get some time to interact).

Then there is my grumpy old man who barks if the 'puppies' try to play. See, Willy STILL likes to be the BOSS! He hasn't changed completely, ha haa.

Yay, Willy! Classes are paying off for sure! Please have mom hug you for me!

p.s., when I first looked at the title of this thread, I thought it said Willy's nom adventure! Bifocals
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

He heee, oh Elyse!

I was so chuffed when she made this comment. I am very happy with the changes in this Willy boy, he is coming along beautifully!

Hugs delivered; he is sitting in my lap, so that was easy! LOL

W00!W00! WILLIE! Good job! Add more huggies and kisses from ME!!!!!!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

Thanks Karen, will deliver shortly, lol.

I copied this from Willy's July 2010 introduction:

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Willy had been purchased from a breeder as a pup, by an older couple. Over time, they did not remain ALPHA to him, and he became bossy, a bit of a tyrant. They couldn’t handle him anymore and delivered him to the pound about 2 weeks back. Willy growls if you want him to do something he doesn't want to do. I just growl back at him, and we have a meeting of the minds, lol!

Willy is a 7 year old neutered male, with the great bichon smile and personality to go with it!
    Freedom, is Willy learning that you are alpha? Will he carry that over to his adoptive home, too? Please give him and Marlin and the girls a hug for me! Happy Friday, Fluffs!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Willy does respect me now. Not sure if it will carry over to his adoptive home. He pretty much ignores Dad, lol, but then most of us in this house do. Oops, did I say that? Ha ha haaaa.

He grumbles if he doesn't want to do what I ask, but it is not that low deep I MEAN IT growl from when he arrived; and while mumbling, he does what I ask. He LOVES getting treats, so that helps a LOT. He will do what I ask and . . . run to the fridge for a bit of hot dog. Silly boy!

He is going to need a home with someone who can maintain the commands, and keep him active mentally. He needs to progress through 2 more classes and get into Agility! At his age he won't be competitive at it, but he needs the constant mental stimulation. He is far too smart and it gets him into trouble when he is bored.

He is definitely NOT the dog who arrived here July 15th!

Happy Friday to you too, Elyse! Hugs will be delivered soon, thanks for thinking of us!