Thread: Lovely Leah

Lovely Leah

What a pretty cat she is, but PLEASE be careful with that chocolate, it's not good for our pets. And please watch her when she's outside, too many dangers out there if she goes out alone. She's too cute to want anything bad to happen to her. Leah, enjoy your COTD status!

You are a beautiful tuxedo girl, Leah, and I love your little white paws. You are a great companion to your human, Leah, following her around the house and even in the garden. What a sweet nature you have to purr when your family needs comforting. Please be careful with the chocolate, I think it doesn't agree with your tummy. You are a great COTD, Leah, and I hope you have many more days of good health and happiness with your loving family.

Such a gorgeous girl you are, Leah! It sounds as though you're the perfect companion, too, but maybe a bit of a mooch since you like human food so much. Be careful, little one, not all human food is good for kitty kats. Enjoy your day as COTD, pretty girl.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hi - Leah is a beauty and I second Bobbie, Chocolate is poison to cats - do not feed!

Information regarding dangers of chocolate for cats (and dogs)

I'm glad everyone seems to be pointing the toxic nature of chocolate out - less animals in danger. Here is some info from the About Cats website:

Chocolate

It's becoming more widely known that chocolate is very toxic to both cats and dogs. Theobromine is the offending substance here. Janet Tobiassen Crosby, D.V.M. has an excellent article on the symptoms, effects, and treatment of chocolate toxicity

What makes chocolate toxic, anyway?
    Chocolate is made from the fruit (beans) of the cacao tree. Theobromine, a component of chocolate, is the toxic compound in chocolate. (Caffeine is also present in chocolate, but in much smaller amounts than Theobromine.) Both Theobromine and Caffeine are members of a drug class called Methylxanines.

Theobromine and caffeine effects on the body:

Central Nervous System (CNS) stimulant
    Cardiovascular stimulant
    Increase blood pressure (mild)
    Nausea and vomiting
    Are some chocolates more toxic than others?
    Yes. Unsweetened (baker's) chocolate contains 8-10 times the amount of Theobromine as milk chocolate. Semi-sweet chocolate falls roughly in between the two for Theobromine content. White chocolate contains Theobromine, but in such small amounts that Theobromine poisoning is unlikely. Caffeine is present in chocolate, but less than Theobromine.

I also agree that cats should not go outside - stats show that it shortens their life by MANY years due to poison (accidental or intentional by neighbors), predators, cars, FIV, FELV, etc. We don't open the door and let our dogs out unsupervised - a tiny fragile animal such as a cat deserves the same protection and security.

Christie
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Hi Leah! I love that sweet little face with a splash of white
    I think you must have been a taste tester in your other life
    Enjoy your COTD honours Princess!

Hi Cat Daddy! I don't think Princess Grace will allow Princess Leah as Buddy's girl

What a sweet Little Tuxedo Lady you are from Oz, the land down under Leah!!^^ You are such an interesting Cat who enjoys many different kinds of foods and like many of Our Pet Companions has a bit ofthe herbivore in them.

You are such a Sweet Cat Leah, and always dressed up for a party.
    We would love to invite you to the King's Buffet where there are tables of food or to Poco Loco, the Happiest Restauarnt in Hamilton!!!

You would feast well at Poco Loco!!
    We are sending out Our Very Special Sharp Dressed Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW To Our Newest Cat From Austrilai ^^ Our Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest Cat of the Day ^^ Lovely Leah ^^.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Tuxedo Cats Rule!!!

There must be something about the Tux that makes them so regal... Leah - you sweetface!!! Have a wonderful Cat of the Day day!!

Leah you are indeed one lovely girl!!!

Being a tuxie, you are always purr-fectly dressed for any occasion! What fun it must be to live with you. I hope you are being properly spoiled today.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lovely Leah! I would love to be part of a conversation with you! What a gorgeous black and white kitty! How dear that you purr to cheer up your people. Happy, happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a cutie you are lovely Leah!!

I hope you're having a terrific day with lots of treats and all the love you deserve

Happy COTD sweetie
    astrid

Hi Leah, you beautiful Tuxie! You can sit on my lap any time, sweetheart. You have such a lovely face and expression.

I get the feeling that you are only allowed out under supervision, which is fine. But chocolate is toxic for cats so best feed your sweet tooth with something that is healthier for kitties.

Congrats on being our Cat of the Day, adorable Leah!

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

Leah, What a pretty girl you are! I enjoyed reading about you in your home in far away Australia. I hope you and your human are together for many years. Congrats on being COTD! Kay in NC USA

Happy Cat of the Day to you, Princess Leah! What a gorgeous Tuxie girl you are, sweetheart (your bib is amazing), and what a lovely, simply enchanted life you live, down there in beautiful Oz! A kitty couldn't wish for a more caring and loving family than yours, sweet baby girl! And how blessed they are to have such an affectionate, life and people loving furkid such as you to call their very own! You are one extra special Princess, Leah, and so deserving of the title Cat of the Day (every day)! Hope you and your wonderful family are enjoying a happy and fun filled day of celebration; you all deserve it!!! Cuddles and little smoochies to you precious Princess Leah, our very special and most deserving honoree!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Lovely Leah!

First off, I'd like to warn you as others have - NO Chocolate for kitties and doggies! It can kill them!
    Anyway - Leah is a lovely girl - all dressed up in a tux like Marlene Dietrich - lol!
    I hope that everyday is COTD for you, Leah!