This week has been pretty rough on me to begin with, and then I ended the work week by putting down my friend's Pit mix, Mandy. My friend doesn't usually bring her animals to the vet I work at, but she wanted me to be there. I told her of course I would, but I can't promise I'll be the best support.

I was the one who had to hold the needle in, bag her up, and put her in the freezer until she's cremated. I was happy to be able to do this for my friend and be there for both her and Mandy. I've just been so upset ever since. I don't have any photos of Mandy, but she and Alice could have been related. Mandy had the same exact sweet personality, kinda plays dumb all the time, and looked just like her except she was older and brindle.

Mandy had developed a really bad ear infection that just wasn't healing no matter what they did. She ended up loosing a lot of muscle in that side of her face. While doing tests and stuff for the ear, their normal vet diagnosed her with lymphoma. That was two weeks ago, when Mandy was still somewhat healthy. She got a lot worse and it happened so quick, so they decided to let her go. It was best for her, she needed to rest for good.

Rest well sweet Mandy, you certainly left pawprints on my heart.