Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need your opinions on Nutro cat food

Well, Wellness canned is a no-go. They both smell it and walk away. Oh well, they love Wilderness and Nutro, so I'll go with that. It won't help them if they won't eat it.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    Well, Wellness canned is a no-go. They both smell it and walk away. Oh well, they love Wilderness and Nutro, so I'll go with that. It won't help them if they won't eat it.
    Oh well, at least you've already found a food that they both like. Which flavor did you try? A long time ago I tried a can of Wellness Cat/Kitten food on my cats and they didn't like it either. I think it was chicken flavor. They must've improved them because now they love it but they've also been on the grain free food for quite a while now so maybe this has also helped. I also don't free feed them so they have scheduled feedings which makes them hungrier at meal time.

It's funny, but because Mac needs to put on some weight, always has, I free feed. Since they've been on the Wilderness Dry, they actually eat less. Probably because they keep it down and don't puke it up!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    It's funny, but because Mac needs to put on some weight, always has, I free feed. Since they've been on the Wilderness Dry, they actually eat less. Probably because they keep it down and don't puke it up!
    With the better quality foods that are high in protein, they don't need to eat as much because it doesn't contain all of the fillers,grains etc., that the cheaper quality foods do. It probably also contains more calories per cup so Mac should get plenty of calories while still eating less. You'll also notice less stool waste because their bodies will use most of the food. They should also have more energy and will probably feel a lot better now too.