View Poll Results: Who cleans better? Women or men?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Women

21 61.76%
  • Men

4 11.76%
  • 50/50 We do it both equally

9 26.47%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do women clean better than men?

Oxymoron: Men & Clean in the same sentence.

I had a roommate a while back. When I first moved in, I offered to clean the entire apartment that he had NEVER cleaned. Never wiped up a spill, moldy food in the fridge. Sickening. Had nightmares for years.

You should revise your poll to read "Men don't clean"

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

well, I used to be the typical "not-so-neat bachelor" when I was trying to maintain the house, but for some strange reason when I came to Concordia, I became Mr. neatness! I guess my roommate was pretty neat and it rubbed off on me, and a part of it is that there are aides to help us to like make beds and the like. However these girls do a lot of work by doing this and by the time they get to our room they're tired and I like to help the girls out since me and my roomie are still capable of straightening in our room.
    Last edited by davidpizzica; 10-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.

No WONDER the girls from Concordia love you so much!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Oxymoron: Men & Clean in the same sentence.

I had a roommate a while back. When I first moved in, I offered to clean the entire apartment that he had NEVER cleaned. Never wiped up a spill, moldy food in the fridge. Sickening. Had nightmares for years.

You should revise your poll to read "Men don't clean"
    You've met Paul, but you have not seen him clean. He does a fabulous job, and trust me, is as male as they get!
    I've Been Frosted

Alex loves cleaning. He can clean the whole house in an hour if you let him, however, it wil never be as clean as I could get it. Course, it woud take me three hours to get where he got in one.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

I was raised that we all had our share of household chores to do. I also watched my dad clean as often as my mom did as she was often in hospital so he took over the laundry, meals and cleaning. And he was the one to open and clean the cottage before summer holidays. Hubby on the other hand was raised that only women cleaned..it took a few lessons but he can clean as well or better than I can now. My sons were raised to do their fair share of the cleaning and my oldest had to teach his wife how to vacuum as in their household the mom did everything. I have to say with both parents working nowadays it's half and half and it seems to work out great. Men can lift the heavy furniture to clean under a lot better than we can and in half the time.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

After reading through this thread again, I had to come back and say that WHEN Bruce cleans he does a great job! He is very thorough, more so than I am to be honest. He is like this with everything. When he does the yard, he does it ALL, trims the bushes, pulls weeds. And it seems to snowball. He could go out to do one thing and he's out there all day long!
    So, the few times he has cleaned the house he did a great job. But the point is.........he doesn't do it. It's my "job". I wish he was as good at cleaning the dishes though. It's so disgusting to pick up a dish sitting on the dish rack and see food particals still on it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Men's votes count as triple.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Men's votes count as triple.
    Right on, RICHARD!!

RICHARD,

According to WHOSE rules you're talking about?

Oh Davidp,

SHUT UP!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    ...I can say this, though: when I was cleaning houses for a living, men's bathrooms were always cleaner than women's. Always. I was shocked at the condition of women's bathrooms but the men seemed to really try to keep the bathrooms as clean as possible.
    Really? I find that very interesting. Bobcat was raised by a single mother with 4 boys. She made sure those boys knew how to clean and cook and sew (they even made quilts together) But, that boy won't touch the bathroom. It's always a disaster when I get home from Prudhoe. The rest of the house is clean. But, the bathroom? shudder
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Blog Entries
    I know there are SOME men that make messes & I have to pick up after them. Maybe that is a womens job? If so I sure don't always like it. But on the other hand can't live without him.

I voted men just because Brian is MUCH MUCH better about keeping things clean. I am terrible for it.

He definitely does a better job than I do

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Johns mom worked as a professional housekeeper and it rubbed off on him. He does the majority of the cleaning and gets after me for half-arseing my chores lol. He is waaaaay better at cleaning than I am!!

I have to agree with you Medusa. When I worked janitorial for a large event center I noticed that the mens bathrooms tended to be cleaner than the womens bathrooms. Some of the stuff I saw in the ladies room after a concert made me cringe.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I don't think it's 50/50, and I've known way messier women than men...but, i don't think one gender is better at housework than another. I think it just has to do with how much practice you have doing it. And, I'd agree that women have traditionally had more practice at it. So...I didn't vote!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer