Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Cat Calendar for Christmas

Making Cat Calendar for Christmas

I am making a calendar for my brother for Christmas. 12 months of his cat Max. Max was a kitten in a litter I fostered. He was the last one left and my brother's girlfriend at the time talked him into taking Max. He had never had a cat of his own. He is single and taking Max was a good thing. He treats Max better than some people treat their children.

Here are the pages I have done so far. The photographs I took of the pages didn't come out the best.

January
    MAX-JANUARY

February
    MAX-FEBRUARY

April
    MAX-APRIL

May
    MAX-MAY

June
    MAX-JUNE

July
    MAX-JULY

August
    MAX-AUGUST

September
    IMG_4234

October
    IMG_4235

November
    IMG_4236

December in the next post...

and...

December
    MAX-DECEMBER

I have to figure out whether to put any words on the photo part of the calendar.

I have March done but I guess I didn't get a photo of it yet.

Very nice, I think he will love it!

Do you get to type anything on the calendar dates as well? You can always mark Max' birth date (if you know it), date his litter arrived to your place, date Max moved in with your brother, ha haaa. A real "gift from Max" type of thing!

Oh then you could put in the date he was neutered too!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Very nice, I think he will love it!

Do you get to type anything on the calendar dates as well? You can always mark Max' birth date (if you know it), date his litter arrived to your place, date Max moved in with your brother, ha haaa. A real "gift from Max" type of thing!

Oh then you could put in the date he was neutered too!
    I don't know his actual birthdate. He and his siblings were born under my shed. The mom was very feral.

I love the idea of putting the other dates on like vet visits and when he was neutered LOL! I wonder if his vet would give me that information? I don't remember if I had him neutered before my brother took him or not.

Thanks for the ideas! :-)

Oh, he's going to love this!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Looks great!!! I am sure he will adore it. I know I would.

If you want I could take out the eye flare (glowing eyes) on the photos for you. Just let me know and you can email them to me. Won't take but a couple of minutes. ^_^

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight View Post
    Looks great!!! I am sure he will adore it. I know I would.

If you want I could take out the eye flare (glowing eyes) on the photos for you. Just let me know and you can email them to me. Won't take but a couple of minutes. ^_^

Thanks for the offer! The actual calendar photos do not have the flare. The flare came when I photographed the completed calendar.

I made a Calendar of My Found Cats in 1987 , and I will do one for 2011. Sadly of all the Ctas in the 1987 the only Cat I have left is my Dear Michael.
    It is a memorial to My Cat Angels that I have this fine Calendar of them.
    Last edited by catmandu; 10-15-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    I made a Clendar of My Found Ctyas in 1987 , and I will do one for 2011. Sadly of all the Ctas in the 1987 the only Cat I have left is my Dear Michael.
    It is a memorial to My Cat Angels that I have this fine Calendar of them.

It is a great way to honor them!

What a great gift!! I love the "May" photo

If you don't mind I'd like to copy your idea, since my brother is in Ohio and he misses Sophie so much... I could make one and send it in time on his birthday (December)
    astrid

This is such a great idea and I know that your brother will love it. Some day I'd like to make a calendar with my cats but I don't know how to do it. What program are you using or are you just sending in pictures and letting a website like Cafepress do it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    What a great gift!! I love the "May" photo

If you don't mind I'd like to copy your idea, since my brother is in Ohio and he misses Sophie so much... I could make one and send it in time on his birthday (December)
    Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    This is such a great idea and I know that your brother will love it. Some day I'd like to make a calendar with my cats but I don't know how to do it. What program are you using or are you just sending in pictures and letting a website like Cafepress do it for you?
    This was all done the old-fashioned scrapbooking way. I purchased a blank calendar online. I got my brother to send me a ton of Max pics under the guise that I was making a photo calendar for our mom. After I figured out which month would be which pictures, I went to AC Moore and Michaels and got background sheets to go with each month/theme. I tried to do a theme for each month. January - snow; February - Valentine's; April - April Showers (Max on the sink); May - May Flowers (Max sniffing flowers). June was a Father's Day theme with my cat Buddy and Max as a kitten snuggled in their bed. I chose the October photo for Halloween because Max looks like a vampire.

So, after that big long description, yes, you may all use my idea. The calendar ends up being a little heavy with all of the photos and scrabook papers.

If you go to amazon.com and do a search for "blank scrapbook calendar" you will find several varieties.

Have fun! I did.

Possible captions:

January

In January, my wish for you is a warm rug to relax on, and contemplate all the adventures the new year will bring.

February

My wish for you is love, a love so strong even goofy faces do not deter it.

March

April

Cleanliness is next to Godliness, they say, but I am, too!

May

May is time to stop and eat the flowers - or just smell them if you don't wanna get yelled at.

June

Can you beleive I was ever this small?

July

Celebrate! Sing! Independence Day is something to shout about!

August

Did you hear a cricket? I thought I heard one ...

Septemeber

For everything there is a season, and for every season, a cushy pillow. Or at least there should be!

October

By the pricking of my claw, something wicked this way I saw!

November

A good month to be thankful, for things like shiny tables with lace curtains nearby to spy on the world unseen.

December

Wishing you a cozy spot to curl up and reflect on the good things in life - starting with cats, of course - as the year draws to a close.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Tracy, I would gladly make one for you with just your kitties. I do all mine with photoshop. I have made 1 for myself, husband (digital for computer at work.) & bil every year for the last 4 years. If you are interested just let me know and all I would need are the photos and which ones you want in which month. You can then just take it to a printing place and have it printed up.

This goes for anyone that wants one done. Just let me know and I will gladly do it.

Added an attachment to let you see. Could be much more 'dressed up' or just simple like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kittycats_delight; 10-15-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: add photo

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Possible captions:

January

In January, my wish for you is a warm rug to relax on, and contemplate all the adventures the new year will bring.

February

My wish for you is love, a love so strong even goofy faces do not deter it.

March

April

Cleanliness is next to Godliness, they say, but I am, too!

May

May is time to stop and eat the flowers - or just smell them if you don't wanna get yelled at.

June

Can you beleive I was ever this small?

July

Celebrate! Sing! Independence Day is something to shout about!

August

Did you hear a cricket? I thought I heard one ...

Septemeber

For everything there is a season, and for every season, a cushy pillow. Or at least there should be!

October

By the pricking of my claw, something wicked this way I saw!

November

A good month to be thankful, for things like shiny tables with lace curtains nearby to spy on the world unseen.

December

Wishing you a cozy spot to curl up and reflect on the good things in life - starting with cats, of course - as the year draws to a close.
    Oh Karen...I LOVE these, especially the cricket one. That photo was taken at my parent's house. When my brother comes for a weekend visit to my parents, he brings Max along. Max likes to hang out on the patio with us. He is strictly an indoor cat unless he has supervision. Also, the pic of him on the table with the lace curtains behind him is at my parents house as well. He is truly loved and welcomed when he comes to visit at their house.