Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caramella at adoption day *Video #15* & 29*

Caramella at adoption day *Video #15* & 29*

First, I have to tell you.. Everybody there kept telling me I should just take her home and call her MINE! Blaine put her in a cage with 3 other kittens about her age and size to get her use to being with others in case she don't have a home before I go back to work. Blaine has always said she would take her when I have to leave and wanted to see how she do in with a bunch of others. She surprised me a lot, she really didn't mind because she was to busy.... following me with her eyes, screaming for me to pick her up.... for hours! They kept telling me she has bonded tight with you and you just as well take her home and call her YOURS!

She eventually got tired and really surprised me.... here is the proof!

First it was this

Then there was THIS!!!

She got a GOOD nibble on a home today. The lady was looking for one for her daughter and wanted to know where we would be tomorrow so she could bring her daughter to see Caramella.. I gave her my number, asked her where she lived and she also lives in the same town I do, not that far away. So, after church tomorrow, she is suppose to call and we arrange to meet so her daughter can see Caramella.. Blaine gave me all Caramealla's paperwork and adoption form in case this happens.. SO, I may be crying all day tomorrow..

HOWEVER! Blaine cornered me almost as soon as I arrived today. Someone showed up at adoption day with 2, 6 week old kittens that need socializing, and dumped them in her lap and left.... and Blaine asked me if I would bring them home and socialize them. Since it has turned cold here, she has brought all her kittens inside from the outside enclosure and her house if full of kittens and those 4 puppies she agreed to take temporarily that has turned into longer. She is so upset about those puppies, she is NOT a dog person and they are consuming all of her time.

I told her I don't know how long I can keep them because I don't know yet, when I will be able to go back to work...hopefully next trip, a little over 3 weeks... She said just a week would help her and however long I could help with them she would appreciate.. SO! Seen next post!
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 11-02-2010 at 08:42 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Caramella planned to get her cage and get a nap soon as we got home but she was dissapointed...

WHAT IS THIS?

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING!

Here are the new babies...

Those poor babies were so hungry that they ate a big bowl of kitten food non stop. I was planning to take that cage down when I got home today since I don't use it anymore to shut Caramella up in at night. OH well! It's got more babies in it now! Blaine is coming tomorrow to give them their shots and bring me some food for them..

Now for a real heartwarming dog related story. A man and his wife came today looking for a dog to replace the one they lost 8 months ago. The dog just dissapeared and they couldn't find him anywhere and they had searched everywhere. Well guess what they found today! THEIR DOG!! He said the dog loves, loves, loves to ride and he will jump in any car, any truck...anytime. So someone must have left a door open and the dog jumped in.. We all told him to get that dog microchipped so the next time he won't have to pay an adoption fee to get his dog back...

Here is the man and the dog... what a nice reunion that was!

Wow! Carmella doesn't look very happy to have some little kittens using her cage. Hopefully everything will go well tomorrow and the lady and her daughter will end up adopting her even though I still think she belongs with you. If they do adopt her maybe you'll be able to stay in touch since they don't live very far from you. The kittens sure are cute and hopefully they'll do well in your care and will also find wonderful forever homes. Good luck.

That's amazing how the man found his dog at the adoption event. Hopefully he'll be able to microchip him or keep an id tag on him so he won't disappear again.

This post is just FULL of news!

I agree with Blaine (no surprise, huh?) If Caramella is THAT bonded with you, it seems almost cruel to force her to leave you.

So I am going to start praying that the lady and her daughter want . . . the 2 newbies, ha ha haaaaa.

I am glad that person saved those 2 kittens, even though it means more work for Blaine and you. If thy were that hungry, they needed help! So funny seeing Caramella looking at them in HER cage, ha haaa.

Finally, the man who found his dog . . . after 8 months! WOWZERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    This post is just FULL of news!

I agree with Blaine (no surprise, huh?) If Caramella is THAT bonded with you, it seems almost cruel to force her to leave you.

So I am going to start praying that the lady and her daughter want . . . the 2 newbies, ha ha haaaaa.
    Very well said Sandie. I'm now hoping for the same thing.

You can see the LOVE Caramella has for Laura I too think it would be great if she can stay HOME . It is where she is supposed to be.
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

And I would love soo much to see cute Caramella grow up

Laura, so did the woman and her daughter come to see Caramella today? If so what happened? Please update us when you can. I'm hoping that it was a bust.

We are praying that Caramella will stay too, she will liven up your home and keep your older Cats on their toes!!!
    We love that photo of Caramella wondering what those two Gray Kittens came from!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It is the end of the day and the lady never called, not even to tell me they were not coming. She may call again another day but I will not sit around and wait for that to happen..

Do I look sad? Caramella has been especially snuggely today, even curling up in my lap just to sleep... THAT'S a first!!

OH, and she has been playing with the kittens, she can not stay away from them!

I have sighed a huge sigh of relief Not to put a crimp in your plan Laura... but I too believe that Caramella has FOUND her forever home and that home is with you The love in her eyes when she looks at you is telling.

It's been so hard not to say too much and I do understand your situation but there just has to be a way she can stay with 'her momma'. The thought of her going to anyone else frightens me because I fear she will always look for you.

Sounds like she is even willing to help you with those kittens What a good girl she is
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    First, I have to tell you.. Everybody there kept telling me I should just take her home and call her MINE! They kept telling me she has bonded tight with you and you just as well take her home and call her YOURS!
    I agree!!!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

You know, and all of us know, that Caramella belongs with you. Things will work out. The others have adjusted to your work schedule and so will she. Not seeing you for a few weeks once in awhile will be nothing compared to never seeing you again! She loves you.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    You know, and all of us know, that Caramella belongs with you. Things will work out. The others have adjusted to your work schedule and so will she. Not seeing you for a few weeks once in awhile will be nothing compared to never seeing you again! She loves you.
    I agree. It also sounds like Samantha is really warming up to her and is willing to be her second mama when you're not around. I'm also very relieved that the woman never called.

When I inquired about Alani & Blaze, the woman from the rescue group said that they were still available. I couldn't believe it. She said that several people had been very interested in them but then they'd never call her back to set up a meeting. Well I now know that they were waiting for me so things do happen for a reason.

Having 2 kittens in that cage is a mess.... they have dumped over every bowl of water I put in there today, then go lay in the litter box.. They dumped bowl after bowl and even the cat food... SO, I made some changed in the cage, added a shelf above the litter box and tied some bowls in the corners of the shelf.. I glued rop to the bowls and tied the rope to the cage.. NONE has been dumped again..... YET.....

I figured out how to use the cage and a baby gate to shut off the kitchen so I can let them run loose in there in the daytime and not be caged all the time.. This is a trial run of the first time I turned them loose in the kitchen.. Just click on the picture..

They are as best I can tell, the darker one male and the lighter, female... Thinking about calling them Jaz & Jax... what do you think?