Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Composure soft chews for cat pee issues :)

Composure soft chews for cat pee issues :)

Recently, our Lizzie started peeing on rugs instead of in her box. We took her to the vet and after making sure she had no urinary problems - our vet suggested that we give her "Composure" calming soft chews....NO PEEING for three weeks!! We ran out of treats and she peed again this morning so I have found an online shop and ordered more of the Composure chews. Has anyone else heard of these or tried them? They are manufactured by Vetri-Science and are a combination of colostrum, vitamins, etc. The vet sold us a variety made for both dogs and cats but there is a feline variety also. She said she has found that the dog/cat ones taste better to the pet. I found the best price at Amazon (Omaha Vaccine).

Anyway, I wanted to tell you all about this product and maybe it will be helpful to some of our other PT cats with pee issues that are not medical

Thanks for letting us know. There are sometimes a few PTers who have dog peeing prob or cat peeing prob. A while ago someone had a dog peeing prob, I think. But I don't know the end of the problem.

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of these before and luckily I don't need them right now. It sounds much better than the other alternative of having to medicate them. Good luck.

Not heard of them, but they sound great.

Here is a link:
    http://www.vetriscience.com/composur...dogs-MD-LD.php

Says they are good for pets having grooming visits!
    http://www.vetriscience.com/sellshee...re%20Chews.pdf

Hey thanks so much for the info.. I will ask my Vet about them.. I do have a couple of floor pees.. I just put down puppy pads.. Its my older cats..

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've never heard of these before and luckily I don't need them right now. It sounds much better than the other alternative of having to medicate them. Good luck.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Deb,

Thank you so much for sharing this info. I passed this along to my friend who has a bichon with anxiety issues. She has just ordered a 30 day supply to give it a try! Just now, Mattie has to where an E-collar all day while my friend is at work as she rubs and gets hot spots on her neck under the ear, same side all the time. Even though she has her sister (another dog) with her all day, she gets so nervous. So we shall hope this will help Mattie, as well.

A calming support formula recommended for pets exposed to increased environmental
    stressors.
    When pets can’t adapt to stress it can lead to anxiety, nervousness, hyperactivity,
    frayed nerves, abnormal urine marking, excessive scratching, trembling or
    shivering, and destructive or aggressive behavior.
    Recommended for:
     Changes to environment
     Company or parties
     Veterinary or grooming visits
     Boarding or holidays
     Boredom or separation anxiety
     Moving or traveling
     Fireworks and thunderstorms

oh good! I had hoped this might be helpful for someone else! Maybe they will help Mattie. I ordered more today both from Omaha Vaccine (via Amazon.com) and from 4PetsUSA - have never tried either place before but the prices were very good. A package of 30 minis from the vet was $20 and only $7.50 from above. Our vet had me give Lizzie 2 per day so I also ordered a larger (double dose) size that was even a better savings. (60 day for $15) I also read that the dose can be doubled or tripled with no harm so feel this must be a very safe product! I bought the dog/cat variety rather than the feline because it seems that the only difference is that the feline ones are fish shaped!! The active ingredients are the same either away.

Thank you Freedom for posting the company links!
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 09-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.

wow I ordered on Tuesday and they got here today (Thursday) 4PetsUSA I bought three packages of the minis from them. THAT is fast service!!

I wonder if it would work for my one cat, Honeybun, who insists on POOPING outside the litter box. It's definitely and pain in the butt, and a smelly one at that! He's been doing this for a few years now, I was warned about it when i took him in, but no one else wanted an FIV+ kitty, and I felt badly for him. I thought maybe a different environment would help, and some days he's good, but never 2 days in a row.

I ordered a couple of bags of those from Omaha Vaccine .. $6.90 each. I'm looking forward to seeing what effect they have on my cats (none of whom have pee issues, at this point anyway) and a few of the shelter cats that like to mark things all over the place.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Has anyone else had good luck with these? Lizzie has been perfect on these chews! No more peeing at all! (well, except for in her box)

I haven't heard about Mattie yet.

I bought these for grooming times, for Marlin and Tasha. The package arrived yesterday, and today they all went of to the groomer. She says, keep at it! Fine for Tasha; give Marlin TWO next time, lol. She said he was better, but wants me to give him 2.

Marlin always has to be different.

ordered for Cassie Cat ... who has started missing (??) the litter pan.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I got some of these for my crew, Ashley who has decided she will spray anytime she wants to or it's her crystals again acting up even though I feed them the Hills Science Diet C/D food.

Last night as I'm watching TV in the bedroom she is up against a corner and I didn't realize what she did till it was over with and I was a little ticked at her...I tried to give her the pills, first day she took them like a champ, next day she refused and has refused since, it's like she knows they are supposed to help her and she doesn't want it or something.

Our other cat who will eat anything and is a bit of a bully will eat his no problem.

Forget Ashley though....she's very difficult...I have to figure out this peeing thing though.

Melissa

I just got my two packages of the Composures. Most of my kitties seem to like them. None has peeing issues.

I will take the other package to the shelter tomorrow. There are some cats there who would really stand to benefit from them if they work as well as I hope they do.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery