Thread: Similac recall

Similac recall

I am so upset! I am unable to get on the website because it's jammed and I called and they have an automatic message indicating to go to the site.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/22/news...dex.htm?hpt=T2

O my gosh how scary. Prayers going out to all moms and babies.

yeah, like babies don't eat enough bugs on their own, LOL

I immediately thought of you when I heard this news. I hope you can get some good info.

I have one more coupon I keep forgetting to send, not sure if you will want it now?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I just read that too.. How so upsetting & horrible.. I would be so scared with what & if any feeding to my baby.. You cannot trust anything now..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Hope this helps - posted 9 minutes ago as I paste it here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...-10391704.html

Similac Recall 2010: How to Keep Your Kids Safe (Lot Numbers)
    Posted by Neil Katz Leave Comment

Similac recalled baby formula. (FDA/Abbott)

(CBS) In the wake of the recall of certain Similac-brand baby formulas, parents are frantically searching for details and specific lot numbers to make sure their kids are safe.

Abbott, the manufacturer, said they feared the "remote possibility" that some product may have beetles or their larvae.

"While the formula containing these beetles poses no immediate health risk, infants who consume formula containing the beetles or their larvae, could experience symptoms of gastrointestinal discomfort and refusal to eat as a result of small insect parts irritating the GI tract," the company said in a press release. "If these symptoms persist for more than a few days, a physician should be consulted."

As of Thursday morning, Abbott's recall website was unresponsive, making it difficult for parents to figure out if they purchased recalled formula. Abbott public relations rep Melissa Brotz told CBS News that the company had expanded phone lines at their hotline to help.

Parents can call (800) 986-8850 for information.

Here's what we know.

Affected Product Lines Include

* Certain Similac powder product lines offered in plastic containers.
    * Certain Similac powder product lines offered in sizes such as 8-ounce, 12.4-ounce and 12.9-ounce cans.

About.com is reporting that the following products are included. Abbott has not yet confirmed this list to CBS News.

* Similac Advance
    * Similac Advance EarlyShield
    * Similac Sensitive
    * Similac Isomil Advance
    * Similac Sensitive Isomil Soy
    * Similac Organic
    * Similac Organic and Similac Advance Organic
    * Similac Sensitive R.S.
    * Similac Sensitive for Spit-Up
    * Similac Go & Grow
    * Similac Go & Grow EarlyShield
    * Similac Go & Grow Soy

Lot Numbers

According to one aggregator, the following lots are included in the recall. CBS News was able to confirm the first two numbers with Abbott's website before it crashed. The manufacturer has not yet responded to confirm the other numbers.

87932T20,88117T26,8208T2,88136T20,91433t20,800-986-8850,800-545-5216,800-515-7677,800-986-8800,847-937-6100,(847) 935-8865,(847)935-3456,66128RB6,61251 RB6,61347RB,84314 RB,85454 T2,86580 T20,88137T20 and 90372T20

The lot number should be located on the bottom of the product. Click here for a bigger picture.

What to Do

Abbott urges parents to send recalled products back to them at no cost. You need to call the hotline at (800) 986-8850 (24/7) or try the website at www.similac.com/recall to complete the process. Here's the full press release from the FDA's website.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Well, I've tried to call a few times but I get a recording to go to the website.
    I go to the website and it's jammed. Been trying for hours.

No, caseysmom, don't send me the coupon. I was actually on the last container of similac. She is almost completely weaned to cows milk.
    I guess she will be from today. Just gave her a full bottle of cows milk instead of half formula half milk.

The fact that you can't get a hold of these people is more scary than the fact that there is bugs in the formula.... what if it was something worse.
    All I know is that I would have been in a panic if Laura was a few months old and exclusily on this formula. You can't just jump from one brand to another. It really messes them up.

Some of those numbers posted are actually Abbot and Similac phone numbers, not the lot numbers.... wierd.

How scary. First Infant Tylenol...now this? I still breastfeed my son and hardly ever give him formula, but I keep formula at home 'just in case', and that is Similac. I do not have the jars...I have individual packages of powder that make a 4 ounce bottle of formula. Jars don't work for us because they'd expire before he would even drink 2 bottles. Does anyone know if the individual packages are also included in the recall???

Go to the similac.com website and put in the lot number. I was finally able to last night and yes, Laura's formula was recalled. Yuck.

Maggots, Brains, and Foods with Faces

As a general rule, most Americans shy away from any food with a face or that is still alive. Such rules would be quite restricting for Andrew Zimmern. He ate chontales cheese in Nicaragua, which is aged in the sun until it exudes with maggot larvae, which are served squirming on the plate.

Andrew admits the raw crocodile eggs in Australia were not fit for his palate, but he enjoyed the BBQ cow’s head in Texas.

Among some of his season 2 favorites are: cow urine tonic in Goa, giant flying ants in Uganda, raw camel kidneys in Ethiopia, fresh goat’s blood in Tanzania, and who could forget the penis soup in China!

http://www.suite101.com/content/andr...izarre-a131864

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Such rules would be quite restricting for Andrew Zimmern. He ate chontales cheese in Nicaragua, which is aged in the sun until it exudes with maggot larvae, which are served squirming on the plate.
    Ya ain't gonna get meat fresher than that

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Andrew admits the raw crocodile eggs in Australia were not fit for his palate
    Fine Fine....if thats the way he wants to play it.
    We here downunder will inform him that the fricasseed wolverines testicles that are imported here from the USA, taste like moth balls.