Thread: Any Gleeks?

Hybrid View

Surprising Glee Episode + good kitty moment

There has been a decent amount of controversy around this week's Glee episode. I actually thought it was a decent and fairly well-done way of dealing with a school shooting incident, and while some people are upset and calling foul at the fact that the actual culprit was Becky, the Down's Syndrome character, I don't think it was badly done at all. I think Becky is probably the most honestly portrayed Down's Syndrome kid on TV currently, and nothing she did was malicious or because of her disability. She is a regular character on the show, and I dare say if any of the other regulars were the culprit, their ethnic or cultural minority group would have cried foul just as well.

But I was happily surprised at the moment, near the end of the episode, when it is revealed that one of the characters has adopted a cat from the shelter, and purposefully got the overweight one that had been there "a long time," which was not only fitting, but suited both characters well. That was an "awww" moment for me, even though the kitty in question was NOT happy about being concealed in a gym bag one bit!
    I've Been Frosted

I finally got the chance to curl up with the dogs and catch up on Glee. For the longest time I have been thoroughly unimpressed with recent episodes, but I thought this week's episode was really well done. It kind of renewed my faith in the show.