Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1+1= 12.. *pics added*

1+1= 12.. *pics added*

well.. I had another surprise a couple days ago.. lol..
    as I´m awaiting for my bigger cage to arrive the two baby bunnies I had in july, well not I, my bunnies..lol.. are still here.. and since I didn´t want a zillion of em I placed both of them in a cage.. but.. mom and dad remained "free".. until new cage arrives... so... long story short.. momma was fat but no sign of babies which I expected like a month or so ago...then yesterday wow.. mom was not fat

I found out.. not one or two.. but EIGHT!! widdle baby bun buns..

3 are chestnut.. 2 are red/orange.. (same colors as last time).. then we have 2 blues.. and one cream one..awwww...

I still haven´t got any pics yet .. but maybe today or tomorrow I will.. it has been raining here so I don´t want to get them unnecessarily cold, although they are in a room for themselves in an insulated box with plenty fur.. but still

just wanted to share a bit of happiness
    Last edited by Husky_mom; 09-08-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oh, goodness! Time to separate Mom and Dad, and get them spayed/neutered so no more surprises! 12 bunnies can be come even more pretty quickly! Enjoy the babies as they grow, and of course we will want to see pictures!
    I've Been Frosted

yeah.. that´s why I ordered the bigger cage.. to keep mom n dad separated.. as well as older babies.. and now I might need another one for new babies..lol

unfortunately they won´t spay/neuter here.. hence I want bigger places so they can each have their space.. or once I figure out sexes.. I might attempt leaving some together..(same sex of course)..

I might end up keeping a blue and the cream one.. I still don´t know..lol.. but surely not all of em.. hehe
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

Oh, goodness, I am so sorry to hear your vet won't spay or neuter, that does not bode well for your bunnies' long-term health! Maybe look some more, is there any vet school in your state that might do it? That's a lot of bunnies, you're gonna need more cages!

Female rabbits who are left unspayed tend to die earlier from uterine cancer or uterine infection, sadly.
    I've Been Frosted

yeah... so far the ones I´ve seen won´t even consult other than cat/dogs.. and being in kinda middle nowhere doesn´t helps.. no ER vets or schools or the like..

there is one that does horses.. but he only takes bigger animals... It´s kinda frustrating to find noone who will do smaller animals.. even less birds.. no avian vets at all.. weird..

I´ll try get pics for you to see all the pretty colors

notes-to-my-husband blog

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    yeah... so far the ones I´ve seen won´t even consult other than cat/dogs.. and being in kinda middle nowhere doesn´t helps.. no ER vets or schools or the like..

there is one that does horses.. but he only takes bigger animals... It´s kinda frustrating to find noone who will do smaller animals.. even less birds.. no avian vets at all.. weird..

I´ll try get pics for you to see all the pretty colors
    Ohh, pictures! Hmm, maybe write a letter to whatever Mexico's biggest vet school is, and tell them there's an opportunity where you are for a good small animal vet! See what they say, at least!
    I've Been Frosted

I can't wait to see the babies! I bet they are as cute as can be.
    I love the orange-colored ones... you never see them around here.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

one down .. we lost baby cream... last night he/she was a bit cold so I snuggled him/her and put him back in the middle of his siblings.. this morning he was gone

he was the runty one.. smaller in size from the rest, but he wasn´t a peanut.. so sad.. R.I.P. baby cream...

I took several pics of the rest of the crew.. will upload and post as soon as PB cooperates with me...

notes-to-my-husband blog

Oh my goodness!! Baby bunnies are so exciting! I can't wait to see the pictures

I had to bring up some baby bunnies once, it was so sad none of them made it. Their mom wouldn't look after them. But it sounds like your bunnies are being looked after by their momma!

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

Your title definitely caught my attention! So now I am anxiously awaiting for the pictures of the cute babies!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Baby bunnies! Sorry you lost one. Hopefully the others will grow up to be big and strong wabbits.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

well.. pics are here!!!..

this time babies (8 but we lost the cream one I´ll still add a pic for you to see color)

bigger chestnut

smaller chestnut

darker chestnut (almost looks like dad)

continued...

notes-to-my-husband blog

darker orange

lighter orange

bigger blue?

smaller blue?

RB cream baby (color is almost white)

they all seem doing fine so far... they all tolerate me handling them except for the blues.. haha.. well.. it´s just that they are more wiggly than the rest..lol.. and to think I might end up keeping those..lol

thank you for staying tuned

notes-to-my-husband blog

Oh, so adorable! Kisses kisses kisses to all!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, how cute!!!
    I remember when I was a kid and our bunnies had babies. We were told not to handle them because the momma wouldn't take care of them after we touched them. Of course, maybe my parents just said that so we wouldn't mess with the babies. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)