Thread: Introducing: Misty!!

Introducing: Misty!!

Guess what guys? Our new little girl is here!! We picked her up Tuesday from the breeder. She is rolly, polly, happy and clumbsy. She adores Kody, and follows him *everywhere*. If Kody does something, she tries to imitate. She even got into his food a bit the first night until we propped it up higher to keep her out of it. Kody's food isn't formulated for little pups.
    Misty's favorite thing to do is run laps around our house and back yard with Kody. She has learned to go up and down the steps on our patio to get to the yard (though not incredibly gracefully). She also enjoys chasing Jinx, our cat, around the house and gets disappointed when Jinx retreats to the counter tops.
    I've been working on giving her 100 new experiences in 100 days. I read about that prior to bringing her home, and have started a Puppy Blog to document all of her new experiences, as well as my other furry kids. So far it's pretty much all about Misty though- she's the biggest thing going on right now!
    Check it out at http://myfurrykids-jkm.blogspot.com/
    I sure didn't miss the housebreaking phase, but alas, here we are again. Misty is alot younger than Kody was when we brought him home, so we are experiencing some new things too. It's worth it every minute though to have my sweet girl. She is such a joy! Everyone that sees her says she looks like the Cottonelle puppy. I, like any proud and loving momma, have taken a ton of pictures. I'm uploading them as I go to http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad42/majkricker . Just scroll till you see the albums that start with "Misty" and then a date for pics of her. There's tons of Kody growing up on there too. Yes, I am a little crazy with the camera but I'm so proud of my babes- I never wanna miss a minute!
    Here's a teaser pic of our new little girl:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

Its a stuff toy! Such a cutie!!TOTAL STUFFED TOY!

Congrats!!! She's so adorable. The link to your photobucket albums doesn't work though.

WOO HOO you got PUPPY BREATH! he heee.

She sure is sweet, and keeping Kody active too by the sounds of it! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Congrats!!! She's so adorable. The link to your photobucket albums doesn't work though.
    You are right! Here is the correct link:
    http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad42/majkricker/

All of my kids have paws

Thanks for fixing the link. She sure is adorable.

Oh my gosh, I nearly missed this. Misty is such a cutie pie. She
    looks so cuddley. Give her a big hug from me please. So good to hear
    that she & Kody are getting along so well.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I've met her ;-) She's cute
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

She is so cute!! I love the pic of her sprawled out on the floor. Can I assume she was the puppy in the center of the pen laying the same way in the puppy pictures? Hee hee
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Urgent prayers needed- 9 wk old Misty is very, very sick :(

Urgent prayers needed- 9 wk old Misty is very, very sick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need everyones prayers and support. Misty (my 9 week old Golden Retriver) is very, very sick. She has lost over 2 lbs in the past 6 days. Vet saw her today. How she does in next 12 hrs will determine if she pulls through or goes on IV tomorrow. :'-(

Vet thinks she may have Giardia but tested negative for it. She hasn't been eating or drinking hardly at all. She's been on meds since we got her, but now upped meds and have to feed her every two hours overnight. :-( I am really worried and freeking out

we got her on 9-14. On 9-15 we took her to vet. Thought diarrhea was due to food switch too soon. 9-17 took her back, put on Metronidazole 250 mg 2x a day and Pyrantel Strongid 2ml once every 10 days. Went back 9-21 (today) and more Metronidazole and now Panacur 0.5tsp 1x a day for 8 days. I haven't had a formed bowel movement out of her since we brought her home last Tuesday :-(

Vet has No clue. She's been tested for roundworm, tapeworm, toxcidia, geordia (snap test). All negative. Some of the other pups in her litter are sick too. The first one that got sick is now recovering and gaining weight back. But her sister is still in the same boat she's in. It's a real bad deal :-(

She has ate a little over a cup of soft food since her vet appt. at 4:30p. I have a bit mixed with her panacar now, but she isn't eating it yet. I put it right beside her and am mixing Pedialite in with her water to try to help with dehydration. I really, really need her to eat. I even tried cooking a hamburger and putting crumbles in to entice her. Nothing... She just looks at it and lays her head down beside the bowl

All of my kids have paws

she is definately in my thoughts and prayers!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Posted in the other thread. prayers on the way!

*Update*

Well we're not completely out of the clear, but we are making progress with Misty. At 6lbs, I started pushing water like crazy and started trying various types of soft canned food. I finally found a few she liked, and some she LOVED. Her favorites were the Wellness 98% meat cans- and though they're not for puppies per se and are normally used as a topper, she would scarf it down like there was no tomorrow. I was honestly at the point where I didn't care what she ate, just that she ate something. We got her up to 8lbs, then to 11. We took her back to the vet Friday for a follow-up and she was up to 12.8! I was really surprised to see that! We have started to transition her from the canned food back to Wellness and Orijen. She still gets about 1/3 can a day to entice her to eat, but most days she picks out the soft food and then pieces on Kody's a little throughout the day. It didn't seem like she was eating all that much again until I took her to the vet and they weighed her. Guess she's piecing on Kody's more than I thought! Since she's been eating more, her energy has started to come back. She still takes puppy-naps throughout the day, but I think it's normal for puppies to have short spurts of energy followed by a little nap. We've been working on housebreaking alot, but still having accidents at 2+ times a day. Her stool is still runny, diarrhea like, but she is gaining weight now. Still pushing water, mixed with Pedialite so she won't dehydrate. Some of the problem may be with the food, though. I'm still trying to find something that both dogs can eat (since she pieces all day on Kody's) that doesn't make them gassy/diarrhea-like. I don't know if that's all of it or not, she still may be harboring the sickness some. I don't know. Sadly, the vetrinarian is pretty much no help on this (which I'll discuss more in a moment).

The vetrinarian believes that she had Giardia- an intestinal parasite that the vet thinks she picked up at the breeder's. http://www.peteducation.com/article....2+2102&aid=739 What baffles me about that though is vetrinarian never did any tests to see if she had it. He said that it was too hard to interpret the test results because you could get false positives, etc. In fact, he *never*, throughout this whole process, tested her stool. I was nearly screaming at him over the phone one day because of this. He said, "Well whether it's positive or negative I'd still recommend the same treatment". Grr! He also was the one who told us at 6lbs that we should put her down. Didn't wanna try treatment, didn't want to test- just wanted to put a 9 week puppy down???? It's time for a new vetrinarian, ASAP. The more I think about the whole thing, the madder I get. I wonder how many other dog owners have been told this who just listened and didn't question him, thinking that "he's the vet, he should know, right?" I wish there was a B.B.B. for Vetrinarians- or somewhere I could post about my experience with him to try to warn others. Does anyone know of such a thing?

Anyways back to Misty. She is doing much better, but we're not out of the clear yet. Still need to figure out why she's still getting diarrhea all of the sudden. And also, need to find a new vetrinarian.

All of my kids have paws