Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im not sure if this is a life lesson but it messed up my head.

So sorry about waht you have to go through Blue. That's a horrible experience no matter how you look at it. But you can take heart knowing you were there and did everything possible. It will get easier with each passing day even if it looks dark right now.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Blue, I am so sorry about your co-worker. Please give yourself a pat on the back for trying to help. You did the right thing. (((HUGS))) I like everything Richard said. I think CPR training for your office staff would be a nice way to honor your co-worker. You won't get any grief from your manager for not clocking back in, right? And your effort might not have made a difference for K, but I am sure it made an impression on your other co-workers.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

blue, just a little thing. I wanted to say, if you really want yourself to be satisfied...meaning, you wanna do something which you know would please your friend if he were there. Do as I did. A friend of mine who I loved dearly left my school. The worst part was that she left because her mother was sick and we don't know what became of her. We miss her so much. So what I did was:
    Once my friend colored something for me, I really wanted to remember her by so I put that picture in my file which I use a lot. I put it there and I know if she was in school, she'd be happy I was doing this. That's kinda the only thing I have left of her. I have a few pictures and I keep them safe. So something like this. Something your friend did for you. Write it down and hang it above your desk and your friend, if he were alive would have been happy to see that you have put up something that he did for you, just for him.
    I hope you feel better and I hope that I provided some help to you. Good Luck! and May God help you in you every need!

Blue, wishing you peace of mind.

You did good!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blue so sorry for the loss and for the co-workers family.
    You did what you could.............
    Just look at all the support you have here, it speaks of the love and friendship of the good and decent man you are.
    Be kind to yourself.

Wow, Blue, I am so sorry that happened to you. That is rough, but in the end you couldn't have done anything. I am sorry for that. But I hope you realize that it wasn't your fault and that in the end you were there. May K rest peacefully.

Blue, I'm so sorry to hear that you had to experience this and I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker. May K RIP. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Thanks everybody, I really do appreciate it. I have an unauthorized plan for an unauthorized memorial to K Im going to put into action tomorrow and Im pretty sure I can pull it off, but it isnt whats below.

I was pretty messed up yesterday, and Im glad I wrote it out, it helped. Im going to talk with the boss when I get to the shop tomorrow about getting us all current on CPR certified.

I got queasy when I got closer to work today knowing I was going to have to work in the same room where K died, but it wasnt any where near as bad I thought it would be, writing it out helped.

Thanks again.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    The only thing I can add, if it'll make you feel any better, is that anyone who was trained in CPR freezes up now and then. It happens.
    It really does, thank you.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I've had you on my mind wondering how you did back at work. Glad to hear it went better than expected but one day it might come rolling in on you when you least expect it so prepare for that. Just remember the day after will be a better day if it happens.

Tell you one thing.. It is making me think about getting re-certified. Who knows Blue, your posting this could save someones life one day by one of us who gets re-certified.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If K's death inspires any of us to get re certified Im sure it would make his big smile even bigger.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

When I worked at school, they made all of us cafeteria manages get certified. The very next day after completing the coarse, one manager had someone have a heart attcak in her cafeteria so she knew exactly what to do.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!