Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the absoulute best breed of dog???

I know that I am biased but I would have to say the best breed is the Soft-coated Wheaton Terrier. When we decided to get a puppy we did a lot of research on dogs and we kept coming back to the Wheaton. They are full of personality, loving, loyal, don't shed, and very intelligent. Sadie (our Wheaton) has not met a person (or other animal) that she has not liked. She is 30 pounds of pure energy and not a mean bone in her body!

[This message has been edited by Sadie's Mom (edited March 13, 2001).]

Ok Merlin says its time to announce the best breed of all English Springer Spainel a great family dog as well as the best furkid around. He also says that they are the best to protect kids too, he and his friend Daisy (neighbors female ) have a big job She has 5 girls and one boy . merlin only has Ben and Mom to protect. And he is serious with it.

Sadie's Mom

"Sadie (our Wheaton) has not met a person (or other animal) that she has liked. She is 30 pounds of pure energy and not a mean bone in her body!"

Didn't you mean to say dislike?

Thanks - a slip of the fingers on the keys!
    Originally posted by ownerof3dogs:
    Sadie's Mom

"Sadie (our Wheaton) has not met a person (or other animal) that she has liked. She is 30 pounds of pure energy and not a mean bone in her body!"

Didn't you mean to say dislike?

my favorite breed of dog is the Pekingese. Even though that I have a Pekingese cross Lhasa Apso, she is very intelligence!

I love all herding dogs! My favorites are Australian Shepherds and Australian Cattledogs. I own an aussie, and my grandpa owns 2 cattledogs! I am not too fond of retrievers, they're great dogs and all, but I know many other people will have a retriever of some kind, and I think other breeds need their spotlight, too. If I were to own a retriever, it would be the flat-coated retriever, they are HILARIOUS!!!

------------------
    *Get a Grip Get an Aussie*

Rottweiler is the absoulute best breed for me. I have a 21 month old female her name is Anja. She is our pride and joy, We got her from her breeder at 8 weeks old and 16 lbs. She was house broken from day one no accidents at all. She graduated from puppy kindergarden top in the class and the same with obedience. She is what a Rottweiler truly is not the horror stories that you hear. That is due to bad owners and lack of training and socialization.

Tibetan spaniels are the best breed...closely followed by shelties. Tibbies have the heart of a big dog in a small dog's body. They're intelligent, full of personality, independent minded, loving & very beautiful. To see tibetan spaniels, go to: http://www.tibbies.net

I think the best breed of dog is a labrador retriever. I didnt pick this breed because I have one, I picked it because I really think it is the best breed. Why? Well, they are excellent with children and other people, they are not vicious, they are easy to train, they live to love, and they will protect you from harm.

Stephanie

I like huskies alot!!

I'm owned by a wonderful Shorthair named Reba. I think the German Shorthaired Pointer is an extraordinary breed. But we all know it's not the breed ... it's the relationship which grows between us and our loving and devoted canine friends.

I think the best breed of dog is the Pomeranian. They are so loveable and smart.They are loyal to their owners and such a joy to watch. Of course all dogs are wonderful but there is just something about the Pomeranian.

I love Mini Schnauzers, they are VERY Loyal, And they dont have a yip, Robust, friendly, OUCHHHHH, my 2 mopnth old Schnauzer just nipped my toe!
    oh well, any way Beagles are great but they tend to run a way i had one named Brandy but he ran away a lond time ago.

Hi Kara, glad to hear you love Schnauzers.
    I have two who are both two years old.
    Daisy who is black and Perry who is salt and pepper. If you would like to see them look in http://schnauzerville.homestead.com
    I wish I had another two month old to play with right now.

great danes no question about it

------------------
    courtney robbins