Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My baby has mono

My baby has mono

I didn't know that children could get mono but apparently they can. Austin (3) was spiking high fevers every day for over a week but didn't seem to have anything else wrong with him so they sent us in for blood work and it came back indicating that.
    Poor kid is feeling a bit better today but won't get to start preschool until next week instead of today as scheduled.
    Get-better vibes for Austin and don't-get-sick vibes for Tyler (5) would be greatly appreciated
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Prayers for all your kids.

Oh dear. I had mono when I was 19 and it kicks your hiney. Austin will be ok, though, especially w/PT prayers behind him and so will Tyler. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mono is a very common viral illness in young children; they usually don't get it as severe as teens or adults. In fact, most people have had mono as a child and that is why they don't get it as a teen or adult (luckily, since it's much worse when you get it older). Almost 100% of adults who are tested for mono immunity will show that they had it in the past, even if they don't ever remember having had it (they had it as a child and it went unnoticed, like a cold). Like any virus, you can only get it once although there is some research that links "chronic fatigue syndrome" to fluctuating levels of active mono virus in someone who had it in the past but that is controversial.

Unfortunately Austin is not one of the kids who could pass it off as a cold. He is a very sick little boy
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    Unfortunately Austin is not one of the kids who could pass it off as a cold. He is a very sick little boy

Aww...I'm sorry I read that he had high fevers but no other symptoms so I hoped he wasn't real sick. I hope he will get better soon! Pmail me if you have any concerns; I may be able to offer some advice.

Poor baby! I didn't know kids could get it either! Sending him good vibes and prayer that he recovers fast.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers being sent his way!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    Aww...I'm sorry I read that he had high fevers but no other symptoms so I hoped he wasn't real sick. I hope he will get better soon! Pmail me if you have any concerns; I may be able to offer some advice.
    Ditto!

Prayers from RI for all of you, cuz as mom you must be worried too!

Poor little guy. The virus that causes mono is one of the most common infections in humans. Check this out...http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

They test for EBV when they donate blood; this is one way they found out so many people have had this!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Prayers being said for both Tyler and Austin!
    Poor kid, I have mono right now, and it totally sucks. I hope he gets better soon! Heck I hope I get better soon, too! LOL

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Oh mercy I did not know babies could get it that young.. Now I know teenage kids can get it.. Sending Lots Of Prayers From Tx to Germany..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I'm so sorry, Missy. The poor little fella probably doesn't know what's going on.
    Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you. Feel better Austin and please don't get sick, Tyler!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Poor baby! I didn't know kids could get it either! Sending him good vibes and prayer that he recovers fast.
    Prayers and good wishes from here too for Mom, Austin and Tyler!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

thank you everyone Right now Austin is laying on the floor playing with his monster trucks.
    He doesn't have a fever today but is very tired and droopy.