Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Handsome willie

Handsome willie

OH YOU ARE VERY VERY SWEET AND HANDSOME LOOKING!I LOOOVE THE PICTURES AND I AM GLAD THAT YOUR HUMANS NURSED YOU INTO THE FINE YOUNG CAT THAT IS OUR CAT OF THE DAY! BLESS YA!SUSANSWATLIN518

Willie - you are just wonderful! I am thinking Oriental shorthair because of the shape of your face and long, lean body.

What an amazing rescue story - one with such a beautiful ending, with you, Willie, now in the lap of luxury, never to be hungry again.

Congrats on being our super special Cat of the Day, Wondrous Willie!

Angel, Puddy and Tinkerbell

What a great rescue story!! Willie is a very gorgeous man and is very lucky to have landed on your doorstep!! Happy cat of the day Willie

Willie, it's so good to know that you now are strong and healthy and that your gorgeous self is visible for all the world to see. It's amazing what a lot of love and good vet care can do. It sounds as though you've got a good thing going and I wish you many more happy years w/your human. Enjoy your day as COTD, handsome boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Wonderful Willie

Thank goodness your wife saw that feral is just a label that sometimes just means scared - not wild and often diseased. Bless you for saving Willie. Please let me share my discoveries the last many years volunteering at a few animal rescues/shelters. There is an epidemic of CRF (Chronic Renal Failure) and Diabetes in cats (as well as some other diseases and health issues) due to cats being overweight from eating mainly dry food. I don't know if that is the case with Willie but since it is often the case that vets prescribe or back - dry foods full of "filler" (grains, ie. rice, corn, different "meals") when cats are carnivores and need a good helping of water per day and if you watch a cat drinking, unlike a dog they do not get as much with each lick. Cats need the meat and moisture in canned food - otherwise their organs and health suffers (I have been told this by many vets and done the research). The food sold in the U.S. has regulations - such as Natural Balance, Wellness, Evo, etc. unlike some food sold in other countries, which is just full of the cheapest ingredients (chicken by-products) which would be illegal to put in human food (the animals are REALLY getting our scrap!). No laws are in force to protect our pets food in many places and it is causing poor health and worse. My cats main diet is canned food (Natural Balance Turkey) and they eat with gusto as if they have caught a mouse in the wild. Eating dry food as the main meal would be like us eating dry corn flakes all the time - ugh! Here in Canada our vets sell certain brands of pet foods with these poor quality ingredients mainly because those pet food companies give millions of dollars to vet schools - is that a bribe? Conflict of interest (our pets are not healthy on this food and who wins - the vets...).

Read the ingredients - if the first 5-8 of them are not "food" (ie meat, vegetables, fruit) then it is not worth your money - you may pay more for the good food but your pet will be healthier, happier and will be with you for a lot longer (and less vet bills).
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Master William

Dear Friends,
    First of all, may God richly bless you for your compassion for William and for being a true human being in the way God would have you be, caring about one of your fellow inhabitants of the world He created. I pray you are always happy, healthy and prosperous so you may use even that to help others who are placed in your life's path. May your lives be long and may you know the Savior, the Blessed Lord Jesus, Who our Creator so generously gave up for us. I know you were not expecting this but I do hope you accept these words with an open heart and know they came from someone who has come a long way in life under difficult circumstances and has found that his God is truly an awesome God...
    Master William...what a kitty cat! It hurts me to think of his miserable beginnings but, since the Word says to put yesterday behind, I will do that and look only to where William is today. What a handsome lad he is! I was looking at his face structure and I believe he has some Siamese in his background. Look at the angular structure of his kitty cheeks. He has a sort of "regal" look to him which appeals to me. His eyes are of an unusual color, too. I really think William is a wonderful kitty. I like his style, too, from what I read of him. He's what one might call a "pistol" here in Kentucky, which basically means he's "fired up and ready to go".
    May Master William live a long, happy, and healthy life, filled with sunny days, with shady trees under which to take an afternoon snooze, and if you're wise enough to keep him inside, then a nice warm window with a kitty bed or comfortable blanket on which to sleep. May he have a nice cozy bed in which to sleep at night, even if that means he sleeps with you guys. LOL May he have plenty of good food, lots of toys, and many, many good times as he progresses through his time on this earth, which I pray is a long, long time, so long as he is healthy and happy.
    Take care, my friends, and again, May the Lord bless you for what you have done for William. You're what's known as "good folks".
    My love to all, in the Blessed Lord Jesus,
    Jim Grayson
    Lexington, KY
    USA

Hi there Willy! Happy Cat of the Day to you, you BiG, beautiful boy! Your Daddy wasn't exaggerating when he described how starved you were when your Mommy first found you! Heaven only knows how much longer you would have survived in such a condition. But oh, what a transformation!!!! Talk about a rags to riches tale! It's nothing short of miraculous that you were found not to be suffering from any serious illness after such a hard life on the streets; amazing how far some love and a good meal or two can go in helping to heal the body and spirit! As your Daddy says, for a guy, both are required in equal portions, and equally coveted! Bless your dear Mommy and Daddy for not only rescuing you, but helping to care for so many ferals in need; our world would be a better place with more people like them in it!

Congratulations to you Willy, with heartfelt thanks to your parents for sharing your inspirational story with us! How blessed you all are to have found your way to one another! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor Willy, celebrating to the max with your Mommy and Daddy and fursib Louis! And here's to many more happy, love filled years together! Hugs and kisses to you, precious Willy, our extra special and most deserving, Sunday Cat of the Day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wonderful Willie!

Wow - what a story! You are one lucky kitty, as you weren't forceful enough to push your way to feeding time with the other ferals. I'm so glad that you are now a 'pet'!
    When you were thin, you sort of looked like a Siamese mix, with that thin triangular face...but still pretty!
    Well - I hope that you are enjoying your COTD status! Take care, Willie!

Willie what a gorgeous fellow you are!!!

I'm so happy your mommy took you in. It was a win win for you both, eh?
    I hope you and your entire family are enjoying your special day together.

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our very special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
    What a White Wonderful Cat You are Willie and you certainly have become quite The Big Lover Boy!
    What a Lucky Cat you are to have made your way from the wilderness and through Our All Loving Lord God's guidance have found exactly Your Right Furr Ever Home.
    THREE CHEEERS! HOOOOORAY!
    My Found Cats , all of then Second Chnace Cats are so pleased to see that you have found your homee for Life , Willie and that You and Your Meeowmie have bonded together so well.
    HUGS AND KISSIES! HEAD BUMPIES!
    We Found Cats think You are Wonderful Willie and Send You a Second Chance Cat MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW For Our Newest Second Chance Cat ^^ Our Newest Friend ^^ and Our Newest Cat of the Day WonderCat Willie^^.
    LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Willie certainly deserves to be cat of the day. He looks gorgeous and content.

Big Boy Willie, you are the poster cat for Cat of the Day! Your rescue story and your recovery to becoming such a handsome man made my day! I'm so happy you got the chance you deserved! Your transformation from skinny little kitty to hefty boy is complete and you look like a happy, healthy kitty now. Your fluffy white coat is supreme

Congratulations on becoming our Cat of the Day today, Willie!

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.

Awwww, Willie! You are fluffy and white and beautiful! Happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Do Starving Cats Develop Food Issues?

I see the gorgeous pictures of Willie and it makes me wonder...does starvation cause cats to overeat when food is regularly available? Our E-Mau was a stray who was eating solid food at 3 wks., out of desperation. Now, our new kitten, a diluted calico, lost her mom early and hadn't been weaned yet. Both have huge issues about food and eat every morsel they can find. The older E-Mau is quite chunky and the kitten now has a solidly round tummy. Anyone else out there with cats who have food issues?

Willie- fat?

Well, yes, he is. He has been switched over to a high-protein diet (as well as his housemates) by suggestion of our vet, and hopefully it will curtail his expanding waistline. But, with his new friend Louis (and longer-term friend, Eddie), he runs and plays more, too, and hopefully that will help, too. Willie appreciates all of your well-wishes and advice.