Thread: College!

College!

Well, I am not in the dorms or anything, but the first year of college is a transition nevertheless! People always talked to me about how much fun it would be, and how much better than high school it is. To be honest, there's so much WORK. I am taking 15 credit hours and working about 20 hours a week, and I can't imagine taking anymore. I'm trying not to be negative about it, but I've been nothing but stressed since I've started lol. Of course, I'm not getting the whole new friends and being away from home experience either.

However, I do like how much more mature people are! Instead of people goofing off and the teacher having to pretty much scream to get people to be quiet, people are actually there to LEARN. I like it. I also LOVE my Human Growth and Development class, this week we are learning about prenatal development and it's so interesting. My Biology lab class is fun, too. We're learning how to use the microscopes and we'll be looking at cells this next week.

Of course, I am going to a Community College, so when I switch over to the University I'm sure it will be more exciting.

Anyways, just thought I'd share with my fellow PTers. The people I have known since I was 13 years old. It's absolutely amazing how time flies.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Yes, isn't it great when everyone is there by choice?

It's like the first time I made it into District Chorus - when the pianist hit an A and everyone actually sung an A, it was amazing!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations and well done on your educational journey,i hope you continue to enjoy it, and yes it certainly does sound like a lot of hard work ahead, but i am sure it will be well worth it in the end, so stick with it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I think attending Community College for the first year or two is very smart and a good plan. I am glad you are enjoying some interesting classes!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    My granddaughter moves into her dorm today - with mixed emotions. She will be out of state and about 2.5 hours from home. She is now kinda wishing she had opted for a local college that REALLY wanted her and she would have been able to commute too. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out...........

Dab - don't try to take on too much and get too stressed. It's a whole different world out there now, and will take a while to adjust. Good luck in your new lifestyle and adventures. You'll be fine!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 09-05-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am glad you are enjoying your classes, I think once you get to know more people you will like it more. But your classes seem really interesting, I think that's what I am most excited for. Interesting science classes, lol. I hope the workload simmers down for you, but keep up the good work either and Congratulations!

Congratulations!
    This year will probably fly by faster than you expect it.
    I know my first year of college sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    However, I do like how much more mature people are! Instead of people goofing off and the teacher having to pretty much scream to get people to be quiet, people are actually there to LEARN. I like it.
    I want to go to your college! A good portion of the students at the college I attend seem to have reverted back to a junior high mentality...

Dab---Always takes a while to adjust but I'm sure you'll love it once everything settles. Congratulations on your new start, hang in there, you won't be sorry.

Pom - try to look on the bright side. I guess it's hard after having your grandaughter around everyday though. I can imagine the mixed emotions, wanting to start a new life yet wanting to be safe at home with the family. sounds like she'll stick it out, has a good head on her shoulders and she'll probably make new friends real quick. Seems so long ago when I watched my dad unpack my gear for my first year of college....boy did I want to crawl back in that car and go home...everything worked out though.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I'm so glad you are loving college so far! A community college is a GREAT place to start, so good decision!!
    We are all proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks everyone Other than work on Saturday and some homework I pretty much relaxed so I am ready for another week. lol... I've got my first quizzes this week also but I've studied well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    My granddaughter moves into her dorm today - with mixed emotions. She will be out of state and about 2.5 hours from home. She is now kinda wishing she had opted for a local college that REALLY wanted her and she would have been able to commute too. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out...........

Dab - don't try to take on too much and get too stressed. It's a whole different world out there now, and will take a while to adjust. Good luck in your new lifestyle and adventures. You'll be fine!
    I'm sure your granddaughter and you will be fine I'm sure it's scary as a Mother or a Grandma to see those little ones all grown up leave. But just think of how proud of her you must be!

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post

I want to go to your college! A good portion of the students at the college I attend seem to have reverted back to a junior high mentality...
    haha... That's actually what I expected. I think it's because I am going to a community college, most people there are very serious about getting their degrees and they're not there for the whole "college experience". Actually, I am one of the very few who are 18 or 19! Most people in my classes are in their 20s and many are in there 40s! I feel so young. lol

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    I'm so glad you are loving college so far! A community college is a GREAT place to start, so good decision!!
    We are all proud of you! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks And how is your school going?? When do you graduate again?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*