Thread: College!

Hybrid View

Congratulations!
    This year will probably fly by faster than you expect it.
    I know my first year of college sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    However, I do like how much more mature people are! Instead of people goofing off and the teacher having to pretty much scream to get people to be quiet, people are actually there to LEARN. I like it.
    I want to go to your college! A good portion of the students at the college I attend seem to have reverted back to a junior high mentality...

Dab---Always takes a while to adjust but I'm sure you'll love it once everything settles. Congratulations on your new start, hang in there, you won't be sorry.

Pom - try to look on the bright side. I guess it's hard after having your grandaughter around everyday though. I can imagine the mixed emotions, wanting to start a new life yet wanting to be safe at home with the family. sounds like she'll stick it out, has a good head on her shoulders and she'll probably make new friends real quick. Seems so long ago when I watched my dad unpack my gear for my first year of college....boy did I want to crawl back in that car and go home...everything worked out though.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I'm so glad you are loving college so far! A community college is a GREAT place to start, so good decision!!
    We are all proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    I'm so glad you are loving college so far! A community college is a GREAT place to start, so good decision!!
    We are all proud of you! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks And how is your school going?? When do you graduate again?

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Thanks everyone Other than work on Saturday and some homework I pretty much relaxed so I am ready for another week. lol... I've got my first quizzes this week also but I've studied well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    My granddaughter moves into her dorm today - with mixed emotions. She will be out of state and about 2.5 hours from home. She is now kinda wishing she had opted for a local college that REALLY wanted her and she would have been able to commute too. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out...........

Dab - don't try to take on too much and get too stressed. It's a whole different world out there now, and will take a while to adjust. Good luck in your new lifestyle and adventures. You'll be fine!
    I'm sure your granddaughter and you will be fine I'm sure it's scary as a Mother or a Grandma to see those little ones all grown up leave. But just think of how proud of her you must be!

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post

I want to go to your college! A good portion of the students at the college I attend seem to have reverted back to a junior high mentality...
    haha... That's actually what I expected. I think it's because I am going to a community college, most people there are very serious about getting their degrees and they're not there for the whole "college experience". Actually, I am one of the very few who are 18 or 19! Most people in my classes are in their 20s and many are in there 40s! I feel so young. lol

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*