Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big earthquake in NZ....

Big earthquake in NZ....

Just saw on the news Christchurch was hit with a big 7.1 earthquake at 4.35 am today, bit of a shock, i would expect it in wellington, but not christchurch,so far no deaths ,just minor injuries and two serious ones and there is a few damaged buildings ,some have been flattened to rubble.,one was a restaurant, thank god it happened early hours of the morning, or it could have well been full with customers.

Still this is indeed a very scarey one, my sister's niece is down there for the weekend,she is from my city Hamilton, but has been asked to pitch in to help as she is a doctor.

please keep all these kiwis in your thoughts and prayers, and here's hoping there are not more down under.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That is a big one! Prayers for all.

Prayers and good wishes for all you kiwis, that there are no serious injuries from this earthquake and no further quakes..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Glad you checked in, I know you don't stray too far from home base, but still, we thought of you! Glad you and everyone you love is safe.
    I've Been Frosted

Kiwis are in my prayers Carole! I hope there are no more aftershocks to do more damage.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I couldn't believe this when I heard it on the news. It's great to hear there are no fatalities and only minor injuries. Many prayers are being prayed for all the fine people of New Zealand
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Hang in there old mate.....lets hope it's all finished.

I saw this first thing this morning when I logged on. Prayers to keep you all safe, Carole......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Blog Entries
    Stay safe Carole

Sis, here are some thankful Pittsburgh prayers that the injuries are minor and can be taken care of, and you and your family weren't affected.

Thank you everyone, there have been many after shocks which is to be expected, but so far i have not heard anything more that is worse than what has already happened, i am well and truly safe, as i live in the north island of new zealand in just above the middle of the island, and this is the south island, still my heart goes out to all down there, it can happen to anyone of us anytime, and it is way too scarey for my liking.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Hi Carole,
    There were some pictures of the damage and devastation on today's news. It was heartbreaking to see. It's a miracle that people survived with no serious injuries. I'm happy to know you're safe and out of harm's way. Please know that my prayers continue for you and all of the fine people in New Zealand.

Thanks Momcat, yes the damage is quite bad, but considering the scale of it, i guess they got lucky, some people were lucky to escape though as their roofs caved in on them in their beds, but they got out safely, two people were seriously injured in critical condition, one from a fireplace collasping on them and the other from flying broken glass,not nice, poor things, i hope they survive.

They had a 5.1 after shock, not good, and the weather is turning really nasty all over NZ at the moment, it is all the other problems afterwards, but still we are in a good position compared to poorer countries for sure.

Just heard there have been 95 aftershocks, oh man that is scarey stuff, must be terrifying for everyone and all the animals, again a friend of my daughters who lives there said her cats came smooching all around her legs , then both hid under the bed, they sensed if before it came, it is scarey enough for us humans, but at least we know what it is, must be absolutely terrifying for the poor animals too.

We are on the fault line, so we can expect earthquakes anywhere ,anytime,not a pleasant thought at all,just like you californians, who i am certain live with it on a day to day basis.

And on top of this we just had our worst air disaster in some time, a plane company that does skydiving, crashed and all 9 occupants died, very sad indeed, some were tourists,no survivors,bad day for all NZers.

Thanks for the continued support, kind words, and prayers for my fellow kiwis, they sure need it right now.
    Furangels only lent.

Just updating you all, things are not very good in Christchurch, they just had another 5.1 quake, and i have lost count of how many aftershocks there have been well over a 100, they are saying there could be an even bigger one yet, and we had one in Hawkes bay as well, that is in the north island, a bit too close to me for my liking, still about 7hrs drive away, but still, very scarey, please continue with your good thoughts and prayers for the kiwis in strife down under, thanking you.
    Furangels only lent.

Thanks for the update, Carole. My prayers continue and my offer still stands