Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senior Year :D

Senior Year :D

I remember starting a thread on here saying I was starting High School tomorrow, and now 3 years later I'm so close to graduation. As much as I hate the school district I am in, I do enjoy the fact that we have senior privileges like parking/driving, eating outside at lunch, Senior Prom, Senior Week, NO standardized testing, Senior trip, and a bunch of other stuff It's my last first day of high school, pretty exciting. Not looking forward to college applications but at least I only have one more SAT and I am done with all that. I plan to make this the best year of High School.

Happy High school year

When I worked at a high school, I use to tell those kids THAT would be some of the best years of their lives. Only 1 came back a few years later and told me that now he understood what I meant and I was SO right!

Have a great senior year, enjoy every moment of it!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks guys I had a pretty awesome first day. I love all my classes except one. I think this will be a pretty awesome year and I am excited for it.

I think everyone has different 'best years'. After all I've been through these past few years, I don't think they're my best years. But they weren't too bad either. I think when I am doing what I want to be doing (career-wise), those will be the best for me.

It is crazy how time flies isn't it! It's my first year of college this year.

ENJOY your senior year. It will be over in a heart beat and you can never go back. College brings a lot of independence and new experiences, but it's a lot of work too. Enjoy being able to sleep in on the weekends and going out with friends to dances and football games I know I wish I could have a do-over! All I wanted was to get out of High School and now I wish I had just lived "in the moment".

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Have you decided what college you want to apply to?
    I've Been Frosted

After you graduate I will have no kids in high school

Enjoy your last year but study hard and push throught the senioritis.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

How exciting Alyssa!! Yes, make sure you enjoy you're senior year, I did! Don't you feel so grown up walking around the high school, and remembering when you were a freshmen?!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I am beyond excited to be graduating but I will enjoy this year. It's one of the best schedules I've had! I have the best lunch period with all my friends in it. I couldn't tell you if I am living in the moment or not. I do try to, but I can't bring myself not to think of the future and the experiences I will have.

Karen, yeah, I've picked about 5 so far. One has a five-year master program and one is the best and largest Marine Biology institution on the east coast in South Carolina.One is right by my current house, and the last 2 are about an hour away. I don't want to post exactly what schools they are JUST yet and for some personal reasons. :P I am also considering one other in NY. I am ALSO looking into Temple University, I'm saying this one because it's the least likely to happen but it has ALOT of majors to choose from if I want to switch and I do love the set-up of the campus.

Aw, Mom Don't worry, I won't let senioritis kick in until at least December. My parents are in denial that I am a senior, even my brother was sad I was considering a school far away.

LLK, LOL yeah it does feel so weird that this my last year! I remember starting high school so well and my first day. It's so weird, I can't believe it's my last year.

When do you need to get your applications in by? If you need any essay help, I could proofread stuff for you if you need it!
    I've Been Frosted

I will definitely take up the offer, Karen! Thanks!

I just crossed one school off the list, and it was the one I really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I will definitely take up the offer, Karen! Thanks!

I just crossed one school off the list, and it was the one I really wanted.
    Why'd you cross it off? Too expensive or unattainable?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Why'd you cross it off? Too expensive or unattainable?
    Because I'm an idiot who didn't look at the required HS courses they want and they want 4 years of math. I only have 3 and there is nothing I can do to fix it now.

Oh well, could be it wasn't a good match after all. I liked the sound of the School of Visual Arts in NYC, but after I visited to take the scholarship test, I realized I would ONLY go there if I won the 4-year full ride scholarship. It was much grimier and more run down than I expected from the brochures they had sent, and we had to put a bench back together from pieces to have a place to sit to eat lunch ... (It turned out they offered only a partial scholarship, which would still have meant I'd have to pay ten times what I paid for Mass Art - which had a better rep anyway!)
    I've Been Frosted

Yeah, I'm think maybe it wasn't meant to be. My mom said, even if I do go to a nearby school then I could move out if I wanted later on to an apartment or something. But the Program (more focus on the biology aspect) at the other school seems alot better, but I like the title of the other degree better..:/ I don't know what I want anymore right now.