Thread: IS this legal, or at least harassment?

IS this legal, or at least harassment?

We're hurting financially again (its summer, I ALWAYS hurt in the summer because my paycheck goes to nothing during the slow season) ANyway, a debt collector calls us a zillion times a day and now they started calling MY FAMILY!!!! I told my brother to just them they don't know me. What else to do?

I've been receiving phone calls looking for a relative.
    The collection agency calls at least twice a week, but it's always a recorded message.

I returned their call and told them to stop calling ME because I considered it harassment and the person they were trying to reach did NOT live here. They asked if I knew the person and I told them "Yes" and when they asked "Do you know how to reach them?" I told them "I do not at this moment know how to reach ." It wasn't a lie - I didn't know where that person was at that particular moment.

I haven't received a phone call in 2 weeks - so hopefully it's over.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

You might want to read this link.
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre18.shtm

I read about this on the internet, they do it to shame you into paying your debt. They are even calling neighbors of some people..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I had sort of the smae issue.. with a phone company (cell).. they called about a debt of a year ago.. which was paid just they never registered it.. but they called like every two hours to everyone we had on our cellphone list to tell them about that... I argued with them until they realized it was their mistake to not register the payment.. did they call everyone to apologize? of course not!.. then a year later it all started again.. and I told them what happened last year (same thing).. well this went over for like 2-3 years.. apparently they did stop now.. or at least put in in their system finally..

it is sooo annoying... it could be telephone harrasment but not sure about your laws over there... here collectors are very rude and don´t mind calling in wee hours and scream and call you names and even threaten you... I wish something can be done to make them stop.. with this economy many people are having troubles to pay or pay late and these people might also be in debt but they do get on one´s nerves
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365