Thread: Goodbye sweet Fifi

Goodbye sweet Fifi

I am horrified and heartbroken to tell you that Fifi, the poodle we shared with our Chinese friend Audrey, has died! Audrey and Li (her husband) took Fifi out to play in the gardens of their housing complex (an enclosed space where many small children and pets play together) It was evening and when they went home everyone went to bed. When Audrey and Li woke next morning they found Fifi in great distress and obviously very sick so they rushed her to vetinary hospital to try and help her.

Sad to say the vet said it was too late - she had ingested rat poison most likely put on or in something which smelled tempting to a little dog and she lost her life because of some idiot who left it where she could reach it! It could just as easily have been one of the many little kids that live there and Audrey and Li have warned everyone of the danger! To us it was losing a much-loved member of our family

Poor Fifi was only just two years old and very much loved by our family and Audrey's too. They have buried her in a lovely park with lots of toys and bones and "lucky money" so her spirit will be happy for ever and I have told Audrey all about the Rainbow Bridge where she will be waiting for us to play again. Please say a little prayer for her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Awww, rest in peace, Fifi, the pain is over and hopefully forgotten. May you find a child up there at the Rainbow Bridge to befriend who always wanted a sweet little white dog, and you can play happily until your people come to meet you.
    I've Been Frosted

OH no! I am so sorry to hear about Fifi. That's just horrible.

RIP Fifi
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    That is so sad and tragic. What a darling little dog she is. I truly hope that her death was accidental, and not an intentional act by some cruel person.

Fifi was so fortunate to have 2 families that loved her, and she will be waiting to see all of you again one day at RB.

RIP beautiful little Fifi. You are truly loved and will be missed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you, Karen, Taz Zoe and Pomzu! We are still crying lots of tears - I think my husbands heart is broken as she was especially his dog and loved him best of all.

I don't think it was intentional.. there are so many rats in China and someone was a complete idiot when they laid the poison!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

R.I.P. fifi! You will be missed. I hope you weren't in alot of pain when you died, and I hope your death was an accident.

If it wasn't, BAD LUCK TO THE IDIOT WHO DID THAT.

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, Fifi! So sorry for your loss.

I am praying she wasnt in too much pain ..I hope it was fast!

If it was done purposely, whoever did it will havw to face judgement for it one day and Chinese hell sounds like an ideal place to send them.

Here are two more pictures of the happiest dog with fastest wagging tail I have ever known. She liked to sit between her two best furry friends, the cats, Pearl and Jade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2060024.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	668.1 KB 
ID:	45925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB090003.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	45926  
    Lilith Cherry
    "

I'm so sorry about Fifi. What an awful thing to happen.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks everyone, I keep seeing her everywhere even though she never lived with us in Canada; everything seems to remind my husband of her and he is still very shaken and distressed. Since his head injury a few years ago he is very easily upset and, as Fifi was his special friend, is taking it very hard.

I am, consequently looking for another little soul who needs a home and someone to be loved by. I am sure that is what Fifi would have wished us to do. We are going to see one little guy at a shelter tomorrow and maybe some others on Monday if that doesnt work out. Wish us luck please! Fifi will be forever in our hearts and I am sure will help to lead us to the right place .
    Lilith Cherry
    "

Oh no, how awful! I am so sorry for your loss.

Fifi, you were a lovely lady, and such a special girl: TWO families to love you, TWO kitties to cuddle you. So young, TOO young, to say goodby, just too soon. Romp at the Bridge dear one!

I am so sorry. This is so tragic and heartbreaking. She was a beautiful little baby. I hope the person responsible for this gets the bad karma he or she deserves.

Rest In Peace Precious Fifi

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!