Thread: Darwin Strikes Again

Darwin Strikes Again

This has to be the most bizarre story I've read in awhile.

Coroner: Doctor Suffocated In Chimney
    Woman Trapped While Trying To Get Into Home

POSTED: 1:45 pm EDT September 1, 2010
    UPDATED: 5:46 pm EDT September 1, 2010

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- A doctor whose decomposing body was found in the narrow chimney of her boyfriend's house died of asphyxiation when her lungs couldn't expand to breathe, authorities said Wednesday.

Dr. Jacquelyn Kotarac was trapped while trying to get into the Bakersfield home on Aug. 25, police said.

"The pressure being placed on the chest wouldn't allow her lungs to expand and she suffocated," Kern County sheriff-coroner spokesman Ray Pruitt said about the autopsy.

The coroner's office also ruled the death was accidental. Foul play was not suspected.

Police said Kotarac, a 49-year-old internist, wanted to confront a man with whom she had an "on-again, off-again" relationship.

Her corpse was discovered Saturday when a house-sitter noticed an odor and fluids coming from the fireplace.

People in the home had noticed nothing until then, police said.

Kotarac was reported missing Thursday when she failed to show up for work, Bakersfield police Sgt. Mary DeGeare said.

The night before, she tried to get into the house with a shovel then climbed a ladder to the roof, removed the chimney cap and slid down feet first. police said.

Meanwhile, the man she sought left unnoticed to avoid a confrontation and slept elsewhere that night, authorities said.

Firefighters spent five hours tearing up the chimney to extract the body that was wedged about two feet above the top of the interior fireplace opening.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh my how dumb can you be? It is just shocking.

I saw this story in the paper this morning and couldn't believe it! One would think any person would think twice about doing such a dumb thing. Considering her obvious level of desperation, I can't help but wonder if he was really worth going to this extreme
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Oh stop,
    One of the last doctors that made house calls and all you all are judging her?

LOL oh Richard that is so funny.
    But on a more serious note it reminds me of the women astronaut who tried to kill her husbands coworker and wore a diaper so she wouldn't need to stop driving.
    That is not love, that be just plain nuts folks.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Oh stop,
    One of the last doctors that made house calls and all you all are judging her?