Thread: R.I.P. Goldberg, sweetheart!

R.I.P. Goldberg, sweetheart!

(smarties posted but its gone this is her mom posting new one thanks,amalia)

Goldberg, our purebred beagle, went to the RB around Christmas 2007. I do not have any pictures of him on my comouter yet, but this is his story:

We got him as just a little puppy. His ears were on the ground, as he always was tripping over him. He grew up to the age of 2 years, and was diagnosed with Heartworm. They had to remove them. They couldn't promise he would live. A year later, my great-grandmother (she was very very old) went out on the back porch, tripped over a bone of his ( she was going out to clean it up out there- he had bones all over the place big huge ones of course) and fell and broke her hip. My grandfather was in the shower, as i was helping him. And Goldberg went and licked her ( I was only helping him in the shower then i went and poof- there was grandmother, or, Granny) laying with her hip broken. He barked as iran outdoors and ran in, grabbed the phone and dialed 911. He barked and barked. Then, when i was about to tell them where, i couldn't get it out because the stupid phone went out. Goldberg howled and howled, and amazingly, as me and goldberg were howling and yelling for help, the ambulance found us in about 15 minutes. Grandpa rushed out and they got her on a stretcher, and she was okay. Goldberg had saved her life- and did many times after.

When Goldberg was 8 years old, he way laying flat on his side on our back porch. Granny had died, and he was upset. This was only a few years after that. He lay on his side, we did everything we could. He was diagnosed with major heartworms again, and the next day, he died on the cold concrete (where we keep our tractor to sit and when we go from our patio down the steps there is a small concrete space) around Christmas, 2007.

I miss him to this day, and my heart cries for him.

R.I.P Goldberg! You will be missed.

Rest In Peace Goldberg

He sounds like he was an amazing dog.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yes, my Goldberg was an amazing dog. i miss him so much, so does my daughter.

It sounds like Goldberg was a very special beagle. I hope that, if ever you feel the time is right in the future and you meet a dog you want to be yours, that you get to adopt another dog. RIP, Goldberg.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

R.I.P. Goldberg

I'm so sorry about Goldberg. His story is heart breaking.

RIP Goldberg, you are now reunited with Granny.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Rest in peace, Goldberg.
    I've Been Frosted