Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable. Gmail/Facebook: HACKED!

Unbelievable. Gmail/Facebook: HACKED!

Unbelievable. My Gmail & Facebook accounts were hacked this morning. I am hoping to retrieve both back within 24 hours. Have this happened to anyone? Any problems? Were you able to get it back? This is my first time it happened. I actually am "lost" without them and I use them for EVERYTHING, mostly networking & keeping in touch with friends.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Nothing happened to mine. I just turned it on. Everything was in order. What happens when your account is hacked? Thank God it

Nothing happened to my account, y was fine. What happens when your account is hacked, never had an account hacked before Thank God. What happens?

There is a hack out there that send out emails begging for money, etc. I got from "Rachel" today claiming she was in London and had been robbed, needed me to wire her money, etc.

Rachel, this happened to my sister-in-law earlier this summer, she was able to get back her account, but it took some doing.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    There is a hack out there that send out emails begging for money, etc. I got from "Rachel" today claiming she was in London and had been robbed, needed me to wire her money, etc.

Rachel, this happened to my sister-in-law earlier this summer, she was able to get back her account, but it took some doing.
    Yup, that is "me".. that is unfortunate. I just hope I am able to get mine back soon! How long did it take her to get her account back? Would it be better to have Facebook deactivate and I can just come up with a new one?
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

In her case, I don't think her Facebook was hacked, just her email. It took her a few days to get it back. But if you know all your "friends" and can easily recreate your friends list, I'd delete that Facebook account, and start a new one.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    In her case, I don't think her Facebook was hacked, just her email. It took her a few days to get it back. But if you know all your "friends" and can easily recreate your friends list, I'd delete that Facebook account, and start a new one.
    Yeah it is JUST my e-mail address that has been hacked (which is gmail), so because of that, I can't access it, along with my Facebook since that is the e-mail I use to login. *sigh* Hopefully I'll get it back within a couple days. I was not able to 'delete' because it isn't under my control, but the hacker's.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    So how do these hackers select an email name?? Is it random?? Where do they get it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    So how do these hackers select an email name?? Is it random?? Where do they get it?
    I have NO idea! I'm confused on how it could happen. I had a very strong password, no one would know what it was. Guess it wasn't 'enough' to keep my profile & e-mail acct. safe.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I have gmail. I've always had the same password - maybe I should change it?? I've never had a problem so far tho, so do I leave well enough alone??
    Anyone out there have any suggestions??
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I have gmail. I've always had the same password - maybe I should change it?? I've never had a problem so far tho, so do I leave well enough alone??
    Anyone out there have any suggestions??
    It is best to change your password every once in a while, but more important to never ever click on any spam, or give your email address to a website you do not know ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    Unbelievable. My Gmail & Facebook accounts were hacked this morning. I am hoping to retrieve both back within 24 hours. Have this happened to anyone? Any problems? Were you able to get it back? This is my first time it happened. I actually am "lost" without them and I use them for EVERYTHING, mostly networking & keeping in touch with friends.
    I lost my Gmail earlier this summer for a few days. Couldn't access it at all. I was very lost without it. If you click on "can't access your account" on the sign-in screen, you can get Google to send an activation code to your cell phone. Then there is a field on Gmail where you enter the activation code and it allows you to change your password and regain access to your account. I had to do this twice, because the first time Google sent me the activation code, I couldn't find the field to enter it.

Reading this thread reminds me that after this happened I thought to myself that I should get a flash drive and back up all my contacts onto it.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It is best to change your password every once in a while, but more important to never ever click on any spam, or give your email address to a website you do not know ..
    I'd also like to add to NEVER follow a link in a email to an account you already have anywhere. Always type it in your browser..

I get email in my "other" email address from facebook saying Mrs. XXX sent me a friends request and Mrs. XXX is already my friend. This email look REAL and is exactly like the one fb send out.... however I KNOW fb does not and has not ever had that address.. It always has a link to follow to facebook and KNOWING it was phishers, I clicked on it just for the heck of it (I had my FB page already opened in another window) to see what would happen and sure enough, it came up a page looking exactly like the real BF but asking me to log in.. (If I had done it, they would have had MY information and hacked my account)

I recently got another one in that same account saying Mr. ZZZ had sent me a friends request.

I change my password often in my email accounts and on FB.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

My email got hacked earlier this year; I think it was some kind of 'bot because random links were being sent to my contacts under my email address. I changed my password and it stopped.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

My problem is that I use the gmail account as my login address for Facebook. Although I had different passwords for both accounts, it just makes me wonder, how in the heck did this person ever find out my information, etc.
    I can't access for a new password in my gmail account because THAT password is changed. It's ridiculous. I did send a couple recovery e-mails, and the Gmail team cannot access to my e-mail. It says that it cannot be FOUND but they have disabled my e-mail account from any further suspicious activities.. Oh boy.
    I am still waiting to hear back from the Facebook team, since I already reported the issue. Apparently so it seems that the hacker disabled my wall so no one can write comments on it, so I'm not too worried about that issue. So hopefully that will be resolved, because I can't deactivate it the account myself. (he must've changed BOTH passwords)...

THANK YOU to WHOEVER you are! However, I am trying to be relaxed and this all will be resolved sooner or later.