Thread: Meet Marlee

Meet Marlee

First of all, I would like to show off my new little cousin Marlee And also, I would like to know what you guys think about the pictures. As many of you know, I do photography. This is my first shot at newborn photography, and I tried to do some of those cute poses but Marlee was not very happy about it at all! So I just laid her in a blanket and snapped away. She was a very good little model if I do say so myself I think I did ok for my first time! I eventually would like to open a maternity/newborn studio one day. (Other than my main career I'm going for as a nurse)

Anyways, here's little Marlee

The post processing I did was some touch-up to the skin and adjusted the levels (brightening and contrast). Just basic little stuff. Not very good at that either but I think the less PP you have to do the better photographer you are.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Aww, very nice! I love the purple headband, for newborns it's always good to have a "gender clue" for people viewing the pictures!
    I've Been Frosted

Hello Marlee!

She looks so serious in that first pic! I love the next to last one, of her sleeping.

Beautiful pictures of a darling girl!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

OMG!!! She is adorable. I love the first one with the purple headband.
    Great photography. Really good!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I think your photos are beautiful! Practice makes perfect. I say "Go for it!" I can't even hold a camera still!

Marlee is adorable!
    '

I've been Boooo'd!

BEAUTIFUL pictures, you did great for your first try at new baby pictures! They are all lovely! Anyone would be proud to have one of those framed.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I think your photos are gorgeous. You did an excellent job.

And what an adorable new baby Marlee is! Welcome to the world, little dear!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thanks everyone! She's such a little sweet heart

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

She is adorable!
    Now to the pictures comments you have requested. They are very good for a first try! The first two are very good. It would be better to see the entire head for the first one. For the second one, I would add a bit of depth of field, because I think the eyes are more important than the nose and they look a little bit blurry. The fourth one is nice, perhaps I would have done a little wider framing. I know that your idea was to do a close-up but the fact of seing so much hair in the corner versus the short cutting above the right eye somehow disturbs me. The last one is very good too, but the intermediate saturation level also disturbs me. I would better see it completely black and white, sepia or full-color.

I don't know if my explanations are clear, it's not easy for me to express this in English. Also what I want to say is that there are many different opinions in photography, and not always one way to take pics. So, this is just my feeling when I see the pictures, others would think differently and be right