Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many languages do you know?

You guys know pretty lot of languages. Many of you know Mandarin. WOW!

English
    British English (LOL!)
    Spanish-I understand it and can even tell you what country you are from most likely but my grammar is aweful so I have a hard time speaking it.
    French- I can figure out what you are saying for the most part but useless at speaking it.
    Italian- Somewhere between French and Spanish! I can understand most of it and can put together some understandable chat but that's about it.
    Fluent in cat.

English-I've been told that I have a Southern/Northern accent here.
    French- I took 2 years in high school but I don't remember much.
    Spanish- I know a few words but I can't speak in sentences.
    Korean- I've learned a few words here and there by co-workers.

I can talk to my budgerigar
    Other than that, I know some Malay, some Chinese (Cantonese), a little Vietnamese.....and of course....English.

Blog Entries
    I hate to say this but when I was going to school on the bus I learned swear words in Japansese, & Russian. If my mom would of known I was speaking swear words in another language she would of washed my mouth out with soap. I do speak Minneasotian really well & my English is a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    lol.. had to be my bro.. hehehe
    Amor?

THat's how I pick up more relatives.

English
    Spanish- Thanks to my boyfriend (He's from Colombia), I am around his family all the time and have picked it up very fast. I can understand it very well and can speak some basic sentences, just not have in depth conversations. I speak like a four year old hehe I think I learned more Spanish in 6 months with my boyfriend than 2.5 years in Spanish class
    I am wanting to learn it very fluently because I'm going into nursing. We have been doing "a sentence a day". It helps tremendously!

Unless I can speak it, I don't consider it knowing the language. I know some words here and there in German (my grandpa is from Germany), Swedish (went to Swedish camp), and Italian (very similar to Spanish). But I don't consider myself "knowing" those languages.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

English

German (took it at school for 5 years... I am far from fluent but I know enough to get by if I go to a German speaking country)

French (a tiny bit. Took it at school for 3 years. Can't remember much now)

Spanish (a few simple phrases. Took it for a year in school)

Latin (a few words. Took it in school for a year)

Italian (a few words. Trying to teach myself Italian as we go to Italy on holiday, but I just don't have the time to learn it)
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

I forgot about Tarahumara.. which is an aboriginal language/tongue.. I know a few words.. I knew a bit more but my mind just kept them in a very hidden place I can no longer access.. but there are still some I remember :P
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I just wanted to tell. I learned a few words in French. I learned a few sentences. They are:
    Pardon me Miss/married woman
    You are stupid, I learned two ways of saying it.
    I am sorry. (Still a little messy)
    I am magnificent.
    You are magnificent miss, baby, boy, married woman.
    What
    When
    I also learned to be forms, like he is, you are, she is in singular and plural, male and female and stuff. My mom knows French, Arabic and some Spanish. So I learn and she teaches me Arabic and also learn it from school. I also started French today night. This is my today's lesson. It was fun but my mom said what was I gonna do. I gotta concentrate on my upcoming school. I feel sick these days because school's coming up. Its on 14th Sep. OOOOhhhhh!!!! hate it! Child's Worst Nightmare. Thats what we students call it.

French: mother language
    English: fairly fluent
    Dutch: basics. I worked in the Netherlands for 5 years. I can read it better, understand it more or less when it's spoken. I can say basic things in shops, restaurants, etc.
    German: second language at school. I am supposed to be able to speak it, but after my stay in the NL, only Dutch words are popping up when I try to remember some German. I guess it would come back with practise.
    Italian: I took it for 1 year at school. Learned the basics but I forgot a lot.
    Latin: forgot it all!