Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The County Fair

The County Fair

Went to the county fair today with daughter and boyfriend. Had the best time. Had to see ALL the animals and pet most. One piggy and I bonded, he just loved having his sweet, soft nose petted.
    Billy goats are such loving animals they wanted attention and love.
    I was petting the prettiest cow, (poor thing had a snooty nose but so enjoyed being petted) was having such a good time with this sweet creature and then it blew a sneeze very wet and snot was all over me,
    my blouse, my hair, my face, my glasses snot, snot, snot. Daughter and boyfriend of course thought it was very funny. I had to find water and napkins, the snot was just everywhere. It was so funny really it was.
    Had hubby been there he would have wanted to Lysol me down but for me it was just funny and a bit sticky.
    When I am with animals my heart sings, I am totally content and my soul is souring with joy.
    Daughter knows they come to me and now her boyfriend has seen it too. Ducks, sheep, cow, horses, pigs, chickens, rabbits they come to me and for some reason I have been blessed with this gift.
    My friend Erin is like that with babies, they smile at her all the time, if there is a baby in the room with 100 people it will pick Erin to smile at to seek out to hold it's arms out to her.
    It always amazes me when I see this happen for Erin is young but she loves babies, works in a ped's office now. She has found her calling.
    After the fair I took the kids out to dinner at this great family resturant and we had a wonderful home cooked meal.
    I am happy and content.
    Who else loves the fair?
    Last edited by Marigold2; 08-26-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Hello Hello............ Do you have a treat for me??

My new friend

That sweet little piggy nose. This pig had the most intelligent kind eyes.

The lovely cow with the snooty nose just before the big blow.

Hello sweetheart

Dance with me, I want to dance with you

Shower time. This lady was kind enough to help me clean up after the cow sneeze. Isn't this little guy cute?

I came home to this lovely sunflower opened by my front door.

I'll take the sunflower. You can have the county fair.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What a lovely day you had!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Marigold what a good time you had. You are an animal whisperer. That cow looks like a steer. They do blow snot & use to their tongue to clean around their nostrils. I love the goats they are always ready for a good pet & just soak up the attention. The county fair is a big deal in our area. My boys use to show cattle & hogs at the fair. There is a pet show for the town 4-H ers so they are included in the bringing the animals to the fair & dog obedience & agility so it has expanded including town & rural a great thing. Love that sunflower the gold finches are eating the seeds out of my sunflowers. They are fatting up for winter.

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY. I've never been to a country fair! The local churches had street festivals that we called "feasts" celebrating the days of particular saints. There was lots and lots of food, a small midway and goldfish in plastic bags that you could win by tossing a ring around a milk bottle, but no goats!!

I do however, love goats.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain