Thread: Is my Kittie in those days?

Is my Kittie in those days?

Hello everybody! I happen to have adopted the most beautiful cat on earth (we all think that about our cats) and is i am a first timer i have more doubts than answers. She must be around 7-8 months old (she is still small, but as she was living in the street before i assume she may have growing problems).

Well, she is kind of crazy sometimes, and i am not sure if that is because she may be in those days? how can i recognize it?

This is what happnes (she has been living with my for the last 2 months)
    1. she cries a lot (even when she eats, she makes these funny winny noises)
    2. it`s been so difficult to give her dry food but when i managed to give to her she suddently stopped eating (she just wants can food)
    3. and also in hte last week she started to give bites to things, i don't know if she has any dental problem, i saw that she was changing a tooth becuase it was loose but she already changed it.

Well i can keep talking and talking about her and how crazy she is an how much i love her

Thank you all of you,
    Kisses
    Simon

It may be time for a vet visit, especially to check her teeth. If she's refusing anything but canned food it might be a sign of tooth or dental problems. A vet can also give you a better idea on her age, and if she is nearing time to go into heat. You should get her spayed when it is safe, but the meowing a cat does when she is in heat is usually quite different than normal meowing, as anyone who has lived through it may attest.
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome to Pet Talk! This is a great place for learning and encouragement.

I concur w/Karen: a vet visit is in order. It sounds as though she could be having dental issues and it's important to have a vet check it out b/c bad teeth can cause other health problems as well. Getting her spayed is vital, not just b/c she could get pregnant (hopefully, you've made her an indoor cat; much safer) but it can help to prevent uterine cancer.

Give your kitty some scritchies for me and please update us soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Medusa

My son's cat was very small, just about 3 lbs, despite being 6 months old. Luckily he recognized it when she went in heat and was able to keep her in until we could get her to the vet.
    Good luck.
    amdla
    amdla