Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's silly question...

Today's silly question...

How much sugar do you use in a cup of tea/coffee?

I use two small teaspoons in a normal sized mug - for both coffee and tea. Funny, my mom used sugar in her tea, but not in her coffee. Over the years I went from four teaspoons to two. Gosh, I feel healthy!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I use liquid creamer so that sweetens it. I've never added sugar to my coffee. I do have a hard time finding a creamer I like. The new ones, "Bailey's" are pretty good. Plain old Coffeemate is ok too.

I love love love the holiday creamers!! I hope we get pumpkin spice this year. With the shortage of pumpkins everywhere, I have my doubts.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Non-dairy creamer in my coffee. . .light, no sugar

Tea depends. I don't drink ordinary Liptons-type tea. I don't like it. But I do drink herbal teas and I usually don't use sugar in those either unless it's iced or I'm feeling a sweet tooth. Then I often use Truvia instead of sugar. If I do use sugar I use "Sugar in the Raw", not refined white sugar. It's nicer and melts faster.

Complicated!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Ugh creamer... I hate it! Also hate the long lasting milk you get in hot climate countries. It has to be fresh milk, and I only use milk if it's strong "English" tea. In coffee, I have to have half coffee half milk. A good "Cafe au lait" is the best!

The Danes are a nation of coffee drinkers, most drink at least 5-10 cups of coffee a day. I suppose you could compare it with Americans drinking one bottle of Coca-Cola after the other. Isn't that correct?

The ones of you who like herbal teas, you really should try one called " "White Tempel" tea, it's a bit expensive, but divine!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I don't do tea in any way, shape or form. YUK!

I rarely drink coffee either, but when I do, it's usually 2 or 3 teaspoons of sugar, or packs of Splenda sweetener. It depends on how strong the coffee is. I prefer half and half in place of milk, but don't use much of either in my coffee.

I've even used whipped cream in my coffee, if there is no milk available. Vanilla ice cream works too. Those are already sweet, so you don't need any sugar when doing that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

None... I drink my coffee black. The only tea I drink is iced tea and I take that straight too, with just a little lemon sometimes.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Coffee - half and half, light, no sugar
    Tea - the only thing I use sugar in is iced tea (real tea, not canned) and it's so little my husband gets a kick out of it. He asks me how I can taste it! I'm serious, it's probably less than a third of a teaspoon! Oh well, makes a difference to me.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I do not drink tea or coffee.
    Growing up my grandma always made sun tea and she'd leave it straight so you could add sugar to your taste. I learned from my grandpa to put TONS of sugar in it. But I just don't like tea anymore.
    As for coffee..I LOVE the smell of coffee but I can't drink it. I like frappacinos (spelling??) from Starbucks, or a white chocolate mocha with lots (too many to even admit) of extra pumps of the white chocolate syrup. So I can hardly taste the coffee.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

...i love both coffee and tea.....both without sugar..... love ice cream in coffee.....yum....that is the best.....enjoy white, green tea and a few of the herbals.....no ice cream in the tea though.....smile.....

Thanks to PCB!

the only coffee IŽd drink would be starbucks frapuccino in vanilla... itŽs rare that I find a nice tasting cold coffee.. and cold is they only way IŽd ever drink it.. even if the smell is so yummy.. lol

tea?.. IŽd pass...
    CorinnaŽs Christmas Card Swap Ž06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da HouseŽ10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Two teaspoons of sugar for me! Plus creamer - the richer the better.

Blog Entries
    A good three tablespoons of good creme brulee with a small cup of decaffeinated coffee hits the spot before going to work. A hot cup of Cozy Chamomile tea with a tablespoon of honey in it helps the throat after a day of giving tours, it just soothes so nicely when it goes down.

Hmmmm.... it's different depending on how it's served for me.

Hot tea, I take 2 tsp. of sugar and a little creamer, depending on the type of tea. Sometimes no creamer at all.

Iced tea I like unsweetened. If it's store brand iced tea, I like lemonade tea (1/2 lemonade, 1/2 iced tea).

Coffee.... don't drink it very much, but if it's hot coffee, it's about 1/3 creamer and 2/3 coffee and about 6tsp of sugar. Light and sweet, that' how I order it at Dunkin Donuts, lol.

Iced coffee... Double creamer, double sugar. Not sure what that equals, but have been told it's A LOT!!

It varies time to time. Sometimes I like sweet hot tea, sometimes not sweet, never with either milk of cream. I'm not really a coffee drinker, despite my Swedish roots, I love coffee ice cream, and sometimes a plain coffee coolata from Dunking Donuts, but those hardly count as coffee!
    I've Been Frosted

I drink both coffee and tea without cream or sugar.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana