View Poll Results: Do your cats use their cat tree? (For laying in, scratching, etc)

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 84.38%
  • No

3 9.38%
  • Other

2 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you have a cat tree, do your cats use it?

If you have a cat tree, do your cats use it?

We got a new couch a few months ago and the cats don't like it as well for laying on (though the scratching potential is just the same as far as I can see). I'm thinking about getting them a big and tall cat tree but I don't want to spend a lot of money if they won't really use it. I think they would like sitting in it (and maybe even scratch it instead of the furniture...but likely not ), but I wanted to see if your cats liked cat trees first.

The one I'm thinking of is here. Thanks for any input!

Eve has a cat tree - not very elaborate but tall and it has a scratching post attached to it. She uses it all the time. It's her first stop in the morning to have a good scratch. She love to nap in the sun on the top perch. We also call it her 'grump post' - she likes to lie up there with her back to us when she's grumpy
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

We have one out in the 3-season porch, and all the cats love it. At any given time, one or more of them might be scratching or sleeping or just sitting and looking around.

Ours is smaller than the one you show, and it was worth every penny.

We have two small cat trees. They are just tall enough that the cats can sit and look out the window. They use them to sit on, sleep on and in and also as scratching posts. We also have two scratching posts that they use in addition to the trees.
    I know my cats would LOVE a huge tree like the one you posted! But we just don't have the room for it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have placed the Cat Tree that Koxka of Spain sent years ago on the Ebony Beau Tubster Memorial Porch Enclosure and My Found Cats all still use.
    My Dear Old Michael aka Mr Purr sleeps in the little basket as it is right in the sun
    Is Koxka of Spain all right, I have not seen a thread by her in years.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have cat climbers in every room AND one in the cellar (where their boxes are). They love the ones set up by a window!! Watching the world go by, catching a sunbeam, the night time outdoor animals (mostly mice, moles, voles, and the local coyotes), the birds in the trees -- I put bird feeders in the back yard in winter, as much for my cats' viewing pleasure as for the birds, lol!

So location is important!

Rub catnip on the tree to encourage them.

Spritz white vinegar (50% white vinegar, 50% water) on the furniture to deter them. This is mild enough that YOU won't smell it at all.

Bichons are very cat like and also use any cat perch they can get up and into.

I have a few L - O - N - G cats, so a small tree is no good for them; they want to be able to stretch out to the max!

That one you posted is great because it is quite tall, and the high perches have rims to prevent a sleeping cat from falling off.

Go for it!

We have a ceiling high cat tree and all cats loved it. They can race up and sleep in the upper hammock which was a favorite place of a) Tigris, b) Filou and c) Orion
    It is all wrapped in sisal rope and the lower end- up to cat stretching height has needed rewiring of the rope 3 times in the 15 years we have it.

I have many cat trees and condos and all of my cats love them. I also have scratching posts and even though I have two that are triangular shaped they're still able to crouch down and use them. They love the sisal rope on them.

Putting them in front of a window is a great idea so then they can watch birds or whatever else might be outside. The one you're thinking of buying looks wonderful and I'm sure they'll love it. You can also buy some catnip spray and spray it on the new cat tree to help entice them there. Good luck.

Same here at my house too..

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I have many cat trees and condos and all of my cats love them. I also have scratching posts and even though I have two that are triangular shaped they're still able to crouch down and use them. They love the sisal rope on them.

Putting them in front of a window is a great idea so then they can watch birds or whatever else might be outside. The one you're thinking of buying looks wonderful and I'm sure they'll love it. You can also buy some catnip spray and spray it on the new cat tree to help entice them there. Good luck.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    Eve has a cat tree - not very elaborate but tall and it has a scratching post attached to it. She uses it all the time. It's her first stop in the morning to have a good scratch. She love to nap in the sun on the top perch. We also call it her 'grump post' - she likes to lie up there with her back to us when she's grumpy
    Milo has a scratching post with a platform at the top. He doesn't use the platform but he's used the scratching post so much that it's been re-sisaled. Cassie has never used her scratching post for scratching and it was given to us by my sister- her kitties never used it either. She does nap on it sometimes.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That is lovely!!! I know my cats would love it.

My cats use the one we have, that just sits at the window's height. I want a taller one, and that price seems wonderful.

I have 2 and both are use daily. Each one has their "spot" for certian times of the day.

Whatever you do, make sure it has Sissal rope on it. They LOVE Sisssel rope! Mine do not sctratch the furniture, they much more preferr the Sissel rope. You could also just cover a 2X4 or a board of any size with Sissel or do several of them for them to sctatch on. Cheap and easy to do!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Absolutely!! Ours is out in the Florida room and there is almost always somebody on it. Gotta have a cat tree

I have a 6' cat tree in my living room and the boys have darn near wore it out. When I get some more money, I'm getting them a new one. Do they use it? Constantly!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I have 5 cat trees, one homemade. They are in three different rooms. The cats spend most of their time in one or another. I haven't had much trouble with scratched furniture because they use the trees.

Every cat NEEDS a tree!