Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Culprit caught in the act

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillycat View Post
    .....and you are so kind to take it so well.....i love squirrels
    I wouldn't have been so calm about it if they were new or in good condition. They needed to be tossed out for new ones anyway - next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kitten645 View Post
    Quite a seamstress that squirrely is! Right along the seams. Making it easy for you to stuff and sew it right up! Considerate squirrel...well..kinda! LOL!
    Not that easy. You can't see in the pic where the whole front of the fabric is chewed, since I tucked that down inside to get a better shot of how much stuffing got pulled out. There's a little piece of the frayed and chewed fabric showing at about the center/bottom part of the hole.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The little thief! That is cute, though. I hope you get a pic of it happening.

At the house I rented, I noticed one day that my door mat was gone. I thought some neighborhood kids might have taken it. A few days later I bought a new one, came home from work, doormat gone. Ok, now I'm angry. I waited a few more days, then bought another one. I looked out my door that afternoon and saw the groundhog (that I had named Scarface b/c the poor boy was a mess) dragging the doormat down into his hole! I got into a tug of war w/that rascal and I won! I figured, though, that as soon as I turned my back that it would be gone but he left it alone after that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Blog Entries
    ROFL! I can see poor Scarface down in his hole teeth chattering just miserable because he couldn't have that rug.

That's hysterical!!! he was decorating his house, Mary!! How could you be so mean

I guess you and ol' Scarface have the same taste in floor coverings!!

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Mean Mary! At least I let my little one have his/her way!

No sign of the little goober today - must be all bedded down in that nice soft nest. I'm surprised he didn't share his treasured find with some buddies tho. We've had more squirrels this year than I can ever remember being around, yet hardly a bunny to be seen. It's usually the opposite way around.

My grandson made a squirrel feeder in shop class last year - the kind you put an ear of dried corn on. Guess we'll have to get that out soon to keep my little friend (and family) happy.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

And keep that camera handy in case you catch a glimpse of the little thief, I love squirrels, we mostly have chipmunks out here though.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Blog Entries
    Those Chipmunks can get into things too. I saw one help itself to someones backpack. It went into the backpack came out with a Reeses candy bar, opened up the wrapper right there on the spot & then took off with it. This chipmunk was good size & I know why, it must of done this many times before.

Those chipmunks are wise little devils. They actually get the top off of the bird feeders and get down inside and eat the seed. I couldn't figure out how the feeders were being emptied in a matter of hours, until I actually saw them doing this.

I brushed Myndi this afternoon, and had a huge amount of her fuzzy undercoat to put out in the tree for my friend. Hope he finds it since it's so nice and soft. I put it in a Y area of the lower part of the tree, so he can't miss it when he goes up or down!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Blog Entries
    I once was attacked by a chipmunk in the woods. I was to near its winter store & it ran up the outside of my pant leg & chattered at me. I of course ran like the dickens screaming through the woods I have been attacked my a nut eating chipmunk. Just kidding but it did run up my pant leg & chattered at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I once was attacked by a chipmunk in the woods. I was to near its winter store & it ran up the outside of my pant leg & chattered at me. I of course ran like the dickens screaming through the woods I have been attacked my a nut eating chipmunk. Just kidding but it did run up my pant leg & chattered at me.
    Oh - I believe it. I live close to a wildlife preserve, and I used to take bike rides out there quite frequently. I had one come at me from the ditch along side of the road - it actually chased me! Must have had babies nearby and I got too close.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Smart Critters

Years ago, something was digging up my potted plants. The dirt wasn't gone, just seriously disturbed. One day I caught the squirrel in the act. He and others were hiding their meager winter stash of pecans (poor crop that year) in my pots. He ran from me up the porch railings,. but stopped at the roof and hung there chittering at me, I could have sworn he was laughing.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I love chipmunks, I think they're so cute, but they sure can do some damage. They ate the entire bottom of our garage door, the rubber part, and they chewed through all the underground wiring. We had to have our entire front yard dug up and have the wiring replaced. I rescued one from the mouth of a neighborhood cat, called my vet and asked him what to feed it. I bottle fed him a special formula, even took him to soccer games w/me. I carried him in my track suit pocket and he'd poke his head out but never tried to run away. Eventually, I had to set him free b/c it wasn't fair to keep him indoors. Plus I didn't want him to do to my furniture what your outdoor squirrel did to your patio furniture.

My son feeds a squirrel outside his apt. and he's named it Chubby. When we were in England, he got a squirrel to come up to him and he hand fed him. The squirrel put his paw right on my son's hand and onlookers were so surprised to see that. They tried it and the squirrel wouldn't come to them. So we now call the boy the Squirrel Whisperer.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

You're right Mary - chipmunks are very cute, but very destructive too. We used to have a pair here - we named them Charlie and Charlene. They got under the house and did some damage - chewed thru the flex line for the central a.c. No one messes with my a.c.!!!! They eventually disappeared tho, and we haven't had any more problems. I think they got upset with me when I found a way to keep them out of the bird feeders, and their seed source dried up.

Still haven't seen my thieving little friend all day today. I still would like to get a pic of him in action.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Blog Entries
    Your thieving friend could be a she & maybe she is having her babies in that nice soft plush filler she took out of your cushion. Those squirrels know how to live I tell you.

I use to take two teaspoons & fill them with peanut butter & sit on a lawn chair in my folks back yard. The squirrels would climb up on the lawn chair & sit on the arm of the chair & eat peanut butter off the spoons. One time I had two on each arm of the chair eating peanut butter. They would get a little greedy & you know how sticky peanut butter is & they didn't have anything to wash it down so they would gag on the peanut butter if they took to much at a time. I would start giggling & the chair would be moving but they would keep eating.