Thread: A real Cat Tale..(or tail?)

A real Cat Tale..(or tail?)

My neighbor came over yesterday, she is Mexican and don't speak good english... I don't speak or understand Spanish so she brings her daughter to translate.. I could have sworn though, that she said "borrow a cat". Then she is pointing to her eye and kept saying "cat... eye"

I got that something was wrong with her eye so I asked her daughter what was wrong with her eye. She said "she has a bump on her eye and needs a cat"... OOOOOOOK.. I could see her eye was swollen in the corner next to her nose so I asked the daughter what was she saying abut the cat and what does a cat have to do with it?

It seems in Mexico where they come from, it is a home remedy if you have a bump on your eye lid, you rub a cat tail over it to get rid of the bump.. So, she needed a cat tail to rub over her eye lid. I asked if that works and she said it does so I let them come in and we tried it..

Samantha wasn't impressed that in all the times my neighbor had been here, that she never picked her up but now wanted to..ha, ha, Ha! She saw Amy in the corner thing sleeping so she went over there. Man, WISH I had thought to get a picture of THAT! She is leaning in there on her knees with her butt up in the air, trying not to disturb Amy but rubbing Amy's tail across her eye.. Amy didn't like her space being invaded so she came out of the corner.. Then I had the idea to massage Amy on the floor while my neighbor borrowed her tail.. That would have made a wonderful picture but I was massaging Amy and couldn't stop. Again, she was on her knees, butt up in the air, face to the floor, brushing Amy's tail back and forth across her eye..

Ever heard of that? If it works, that is GREAT and something we can remember. I will see her in a few days to see if it worked..

Now THIS is a real cat tail/tale!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Remind me to never drink the water where your at.. Just kidding.. How so weird.. I would have freaked if I was your cats..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Never heard of it. I Googled it. There were a couple websites that briefly mentioned it. Let us know if it works!

thatīs a first.. I never heard anything like that before.. and Iīm mexican.. lol.. maybe itīs a more "native" or "old tradition" thing...

Iīve heard a bunch of weird remedies but never one like this one.. haha

like many people think Chihuahuas cure asthma... and it seems many people actually get better once they get one of these doggies

also if your neck is in a knot.. you might wanna rub it with a dirty pair of men underpants.. yeah I know.. weird but many do this..
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

that is too funny !! Sometimes when my mom comes over and she had already stopped to play her lottery tickets, she will sometimes take Miss Abby , and rub the tickets on her fluffy belly.... she says its for good luck.... hasnt worked yet, and Abby gets a bit annoyed... silly superstitions
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Never heard of that either. At least this time it's not one more superstition that cats bring bad luck, so why not. A kitty cuddle to cure!

In Pakistan if tie a black thread on your foot's thumb and read some words. There are certain words. The thread will make you feel better. You shoudln't take it off. Ahh.. crazy superstitions And if you see a black cat crossing the road. Its bad luck. And I saw many black cats crossing and I used to have a normal day. It never had any bad luck.

I'm wondering if maybe the cat tail that was meant is the kind that you find growing in marshy areas.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'll be curious to know if it works or not.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow did it work!?

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I'm wondering if maybe the cat tail that was meant is the kind that you find growing in marshy areas.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I find this to be hilarious! But if it works, then good for her.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I haven't seen her to ask but I keep watching for her so I can ask her.. I will try to catch her daughter and ask her...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I guess the only Found Cats who would take part inthat would be Michael and My Tubster Panther.
    Joseph was so friendly , you would have got his tale across your eye, even if that was not your wish!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS