I go and buy Fister’s food at the vet because I know it’s all good quality, but Fister is fed up eating the same food day after day. I ask every time what the vet suggests would be best for him, and it seems that he has no concern whichever food I choose, as long as it is senior food. Over the years his diet has mostly consisted of “Hills SD/WD/CD” and “Royal Canin’s Senior”. However, he loves “Royal Canin’s Sensitive” and one called “Calm”, also from Royal Canin.... if I allowed him to, those would be the ones he would eat all the time, but they’re not specifically for seníor cats. When i visit, the vet often give me some small packets of various dry food, some he likes and some he doesn’t. So today, I cheated him... I poured out a bit of “Calm” mixed with “Intestinal” (which he doesn’t like), but he ate it all!

In a few days, I’ll go and buy some “Royal Canin’s Renal” for him, he tried it before and seems to like it. The vet says even though he has no kidney problems, it won’t do any harm and it may prevent him from getting kidney problems. I do hope so!

Here’s a couple of recent pictures of my handsome boy checking out the yard. God forbid the stray comes close, she's the ones he's looking for.