Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheating Fister - it CAN be done!

Cheating Fister - it CAN be done!

I go and buy Fister’s food at the vet because I know it’s all good quality, but Fister is fed up eating the same food day after day. I ask every time what the vet suggests would be best for him, and it seems that he has no concern whichever food I choose, as long as it is senior food. Over the years his diet has mostly consisted of “Hills SD/WD/CD” and “Royal Canin’s Senior”. However, he loves “Royal Canin’s Sensitive” and one called “Calm”, also from Royal Canin.... if I allowed him to, those would be the ones he would eat all the time, but they’re not specifically for seníor cats. When i visit, the vet often give me some small packets of various dry food, some he likes and some he doesn’t. So today, I cheated him... I poured out a bit of “Calm” mixed with “Intestinal” (which he doesn’t like), but he ate it all!

In a few days, I’ll go and buy some “Royal Canin’s Renal” for him, he tried it before and seems to like it. The vet says even though he has no kidney problems, it won’t do any harm and it may prevent him from getting kidney problems. I do hope so!

Here’s a couple of recent pictures of my handsome boy checking out the yard. God forbid the stray comes close, she's the ones he's looking for.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So he likes a change of food often and changing don't mess up his tummy? I often wonder if cats and dogs get tired of eating the same thing over and over..

Those pictures of him really shows what a HUNK he is! He is such a handsome boy that he has to turn all the feline girls heads. Maybe that is why you have that visitor in the yard? She has seen him, hooked on him and now he has a stalker? LOL!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

O Hai Fister ~~~waves paw~~~ it's so good to see you! Mom's not home so I'm on the 'puter - shhhhh...
    I think your Mom is trying to pull a fast one on you. Call me - we'll wurk out a plan!

Purrs,
    Pinot
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Hi Fister- you are such a good looking and healthy cat- and that is because of meowmie who takes such good care of you

Looking good, Fister! As always. Keep eating that food that is good for you!

My girls are on Royal Canin Renal these days. Samantha doesn't need it, but Jessica does - so they both get it, because they have always eaten each other's food. They don't eat quite so much of it as some foods they have had in the past, but thankfully they do pretty well on it.

Hi, handsome orange Fister! (((HUG)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I did not think it could be done...trick a cat like that! You are very clever.

Great pics. He is one of the most handsome orange kitties I have seen!

Ah, Fister you look extra handsome out enjoying your garden on the summer's day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well seems either my comp is defective or my eyes are.. lol.. can´t see any pics.. have reloaded multiple times but no pics show up

nice way to trick him.. or perhaps he tricked you.. and he´ll leave you a nice present later on.. lol..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Meowmie, how dare you fooling this poor Fister!!! Perhaps Fister ate it all to let you believe you could easily do such a thing Good boy

You are gorgeous in the garden Fister!

My kitties love their Royal Canin food.

Hi Fister this is Michael from Canada
    My Dad does that to me once in a while as well , ne brings in these starnge D Fooods, you know A/D, G/D , W/D.
    I just like My White Meat Chicken
    I know My Dad means well Fister but I want MY CHICKEN
    I just think he wants me here , but I am getting old Fister , and I want My Chicken,
    It in the long run wont make a difference
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

It must have tasted good to Fister. Those are all top rated cat foods
    and Fister looks so good. Alert,healthy & handsome.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello Fister! You don't appear on my screen often enough. MWAH!

Lizbud, I disagree. Science Diet is one of the worst foods out there; canine or feline, doesn't matter which. Science Diet cat food is thought to be a huge part of why cats today get hyperthyroid disease.

Here is a rating chart:
    http://www.petfoodratings.net/cattable.html

You sure look handsome Fister.

Fister, I think a call to cat lawyer Groucho is in order! False representation! Bait & Switch! You have a strong case!
    Calvin